My new setup :D

Maverik

So I've had my new PC for about two three weeks now and I figured I'd post a thread on here of the specs and such :) so here it is:

Case: Cooler Master HAF X High Air
CPU: Intel i7 3770 Ivy Brodge Quad Core with Hyperthreading 3.4GHz LGA1155
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 12cm Red LED FAN
Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH Z77 Intel Ivy bridge Socket 1155
RAM: G.SKILL RipjawsX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866MHz Ultra Perf
Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti FTW Signature2 Dual Fan 2GB 192 bit
HDD1: Samsung 128GB 830 Series 2.5" SATA3 SSD Drive (OS)
HDD2: Seagate Barracuda SATA3 HDD
DVD/Blu-Ray Drive: LG 12X Blu-Ray COMBO Drive
Powersupply: Cooler Master Silent Pro GOLD 1000W Support SLI/CrossFire
Monitors: 3x Samsung 24" Full 1080p Gaming LED Monitor, 1920x1080 2ms response
Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Expert Mechanical Keyboard
Mouse: Razer Mamba 4G Dual Sensor Wireless Gaming Mouse, 6400dpi
Headset: Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming headset 7.1 channel
Racing Wheel: Logitech G27 Racing wheel, pedals and shifter

Here's a few pics of it: P1040501.jpgP1040515.JPGP1040522.JPGP1040523.JPGP1040542.JPG

I absolutely love it and it plays pretty much every game I've tried it with on ultra settings no problem :) But the power hungry beast inside me wants more so I'm already planning out my next build. Eventually I want to change to an Asus ROG Rampage IV Extreme Motherboard, i7 3960x CPU, Corsair H100i Extreme Liquid cpu cooler, 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB or 2 way GTX 680 4gb , EVGA Supernova nex 1500W, Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus and a Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate Stealth plus any other little upgrades I think of on the way. I'm hopping it'll all fit in my HAF X case because I love it to bits! One of my favourite PC cases ever!! :D Anyways I hope you guys like it!

Last edited:
That is a tidy setup pal, case looks like it means business. How much further do you want to/need to go with the upgrades on that beast? Can see productivity in life taking a nose dive haha

Maverik

Thanks for the reply! I'm still learning and I had bought the 1000w PSU hoping that it would handle further upgrading of graphics cards later on but I wasn't sure how much power two 670's would require. I'm glad you told me that because now I'll just save my money and stick with my 1000w haha :)

Maverik

#atomsmasher - Well at first I was planning to upgrade most of the components to bigger and better but after thinking more about it, it should be able to handle any demanding games that come out for the next couple of years just fine so I might just hold back on splashing out more cash on it until it losses the power to keep up (hopefully that's a long way away). By that time I'll probably pay another visit to PB Tech and build a whole new system and use this one for music production and such. I do want to upgrade the graphics cards though but other than that I think I might just keep it the way it is :) Oh you bet haha, I'm trying not to get to lazy lol I still try and get out and go for a skate everyday for a few hours and count that as exercise :p

Last edited:

lewishollings

Bright Spark
I love this +Rep! how are the G930's btw? was going to purchase them, atm I have the razer carcharias, at first I thought they were good but they're pretty bad to be honest, they leak sound very badly, lack in bass and have a terrible microphone :(

Maverik

Hey thanks :) Oh really? lucky then cause I was going to get those because I love Razer Products but then I saw the G930's and the less wires I have running along my desk the better haha. So far they're VERY good, I haven't had any problems with them leaking sound and the sound cancellation is really good when you have audio playing on them. I'll be playing BF3 with the sound at a comfortable level (not too loud) and I can't hear anyone talking around me (I'm starting to hear them now as my ears are adjusting but for the first 3 weeks or so I couldn't hear them at all and it's still only just noticeable). As for bass they have plenty of it and it's even greater when you turn on the dolby digital mode on them. So far the microphone is awesome as well, very clear and good noise reduction. Then again I haven't tested out a lot of mic's so idk it's very good by my standards haha. I'm very happy with them :)