My new toy

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately the lights are built on the fan. It's the radiator unit that gets in the way on the Eco cooler so there's not much we can do here :S

Sweeney47

its not a problem, it probably would have only been a gimmik that wore thin over time, all in all totally happy with my new machine... Crysis is seriously sexy and runs really smooth...

Sweeney47

Ill get pics soon I promise :D

From what I've read on the ECO ALC it can get a little noisy if you up its fan speed or whatever, however mine more or less stays constant, is there any way for me to increase the cooling potential on it or does it pretty much stay as it is (I have no issue about noise really as I wear a headset). Reason Im asking is that it seems to cool the same under load and when Idle, this mean when under load such as playing mass effect or crysis the CPU Cores get to about 61 degrees C. Now these programs dont really 'push' the CPU and therefore its not really under heavy load and personally I'd prefer the temps were much lower than 61 degrees especially with a pretty expensive cooler on it. I don't know whats 'safe' for the i7-930 but as I say I'd prefer it to not go over 50-55 while playing games and having looked into this cooler and the i7-930 people seem to be getting much lower temps especially considering its default clock speeds on the CPU. The air around the cooler etc is cold, if I put my hand at the side its cold, if I put my hand at the back where the fan is its a little warm but not 'hot' by a long shot.

So is the Cooler not working properly or are people lying about the temps they're getting for interwebz points?

Zeplini

The eco is controlled by the motherboard, double check Q-fan control is enabled in the bios but id say around 55 - 60 under the load of crysis is about right

Sweeney47

ive never really been one to look around the bios, I did have a look yesterday but I dont really know what im looking for, I dont suppose you can give more direct instructions for the ASUS® P6X58D-E mobo?