My order has hit a problem in testing

DSNv

Hi, I've placed an order which went into test on 21/01, but almost immediately hit a problem. I've had a discussion with some of the live chat advisors and they've told me it's something to do with a problem they've encountered when trying to deploy software to the computer. Is there any way of finding out a bit more about what's happened, and when it's likely to be resolved ?

barlew

Godlike
Hi, I've placed an order which went into test on 21/01, but almost immediately hit a problem. I've had a discussion with some of the live chat advisors and they've told me it's something to do with a problem they've encountered when trying to deploy software to the computer. Is there any way of finding out a bit more about what's happened, and when it's likely to be resolved ?
Only by speaking directly to PCS. No one here will be able to give you an update as this is an un-official support channel.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Better that it's found now than after you receive the computer mate, give them time to investigate and find out what's wrong. Should be working order by the time you get it

steaky360

As @barlew said you're only recourse is to get in touch with PCS and ask directly - your order page may be updated with notes from the build team as they progress through fault finding etc.

Ultimately, issues can occur and as @Steveyg noted its better to experience them before you get it (saves you needing to send it back!).

DSNv

Thanks each, I wasn't sure if any of the people posting on here were staff so thought I'd ask, guess I'll need to give them a ring.

And absolutely agree that I'm glad they test thoroughly to flush stuff like this out too, I've had nightmare experiences in the past with stuff being delivered that was borked, and then having to try to get it fixed after the fact.

As you've noticed DSNv, at least it has been picked up during testing. Mine was received on 15/01/2022 not working and is still not working now :rolleyes:

Yours is still in the RMA process, so that's expected really isn't it.
Annoyingly yes. Hoping for good news this week after last week where I had to call up three times to get someone to tell me when it was likely to be looked at. (Kept getting promised someone would get back to me next day, and they didn't).

Anyway, good luck DSNv, hopefully it's with you now?