Jahola

Case
PCS ALPHA TRION 7622B BLACK CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4770k (3.5GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® Z87-A: ATX, USB3.0, SATA6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE + **FREE GAME**
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (1 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ MODULAR TXM-650 V2-80 PLUS®
Processor Cooling
INTEL STANDARD CPU COOLER
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI-E CARD
USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Power Cable
1 x 2 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence
DVD Recovery Media
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365
Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Monitor
AOC I2369VM 23" Widescreen IPS Monitor - 1920 x 1080, DP, HDMI
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 9 to 11 working days
Miscellaneous
FREE ASSASSINS CREED BLACK FLAG & MORE with GTX 660 & 7 Series GPUs!
Miscellaneous
FREE BATTLEFIELD 4 GAME with Z87-A MOTHERBOARD!
Miscellaneous
FREE BATMAN: ARKHAM ORIGINS GAME with GTX 660 & 7 Series GPUs!

Please post what you think about the specs I have chosen.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Please post what you think about the specs I have chosen.
You are not indicating what you are planning to use it for. Assuming it is for gaming it seems a bit unbalanced, I would get the triple copper heatpipe cpu cooler, i5-4670 and a better case. You may also want to consider at least silver warranty and a caviar black drive.

Jahola

Yes I will be using it for gaming, thanks for the reply however I don't really want to downgrade to an i5, I have a question though, do you think I should stick with the current RAM or change to (8GB Kingston hyper-x genesis 2 x 4gb)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Yes I will be using it for gaming, thanks for the reply however I don't really want to downgrade to an i5, I have a question though, do you think I should stick with the current RAM or change to (8GB Kingston hyper-x genesis 2 x 4gb)

It won't make a noticeable difference for gaming. You have chosen a CPU unlock for over clocking but an unsuitable CPU cooler and a high end gpu with a pretty average/budget case.

Jahola

Do you think that it would be good if i downgrade to the non unlocked i7 4770 3.4ghz and add a copper cpu cooling?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Do you think that it would be good if i downgrade to the non unlocked i7 4770 3.4ghz and add a copper cpu cooling?
if it is mainly for gaming I don't see why you need the i7. If you are on a budget you could use the savings to balance the spec.
also what case would you recommend upgrading to thats within 39 to 49 pounds
I wouldn't recommend a case that is at least +£59 like the T900 Maelstrom. A good case offers better cooling/airflow and better cable management. You are spending quite a lot on the gpu and cpu, I wouldn't try to get a cheap case for those components.

Jahola

well I have done some research and thank you for the advice but I am going to stick with my current specs. For one PCS test the pc in a hot room so if it goes wrong then they will fix it. I did some research and generally people say the stock fan for the i7 4770k 3.5ghz is completely fine, GPU wise, as said before, PCS test the pc in a hot room and also from the research I have done the gtx 780 should be just fine. By the way just to sum up, I am not planning on overclocking straight away however the current computer specs aren't going to be my final build I am going to upgrade. One final point would be is the case I chose has flexible fan positioning so if the GPU/CPU is getting hot then I can re position them and also I will probably end up getting extra case fans.

D1craig

Enthusiast
Tbh mate every question you have asked has been answered but you have politely refused to change them lol.

The case is a biggy. I'm pretty sure pcs test to see if it's working and if it works at maximum load. They won't be doing long gaming sessions on it. The cases are cheap for a reason.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
well I have done some research and thank you for the advice but I am going to stick with my current specs. For one PCS test the pc in a hot room so if it goes wrong then they will fix it
I didn't mean to say your system will overheat but the temperatures will be higher compare to other cases.
I did some research and generally people say the stock fan for the i7 4770k 3.5ghz is completely fine
I meant to say that the cpu is unlock for overclocking and if you are planning to do that you should get a better cpu cooler. If you are planning to upgrade later on that seems fine but you didn't indicate that.

Lex1970

Silver Level Poster
I didn't mean to say your system will overheat but the temperatures will be higher compare to other cases.

I meant to say that the cpu is unlock for overclocking and if you are planning to do that you should get a better cpu cooler. If you are planning to upgrade later on that seems fine but you didn't indicate that.

You should get the Storm Trooper case, in my opinion I just recieved mine yesterday it has fan controllers built in, has great air flow and looks great!!

Jahola

Alright thanks very much for the advice, yeah I see what your talking about basically the reason I got an unlocked CPU is because eventually after a while I will most likely overclock by which time I will have upgraded the CPU cooling, thanks for all your help btw i appreciate it.

Jahola

My pc has been built now and is in testing but when it arrives I'm thinking of upgrading the CPU cooler straight away, have you got any suggestions for good cpu coolers that will increase the airflow and cool the CPU enough for me to overclock however within a price range of <£50

keynes

Multiverse Poster
A good CPU cooler is the h80i but I think that's higher than £50. You could check reviews online.

Jahola

Yeah I think that might be a bit out of budget atm seeing as i just spent 1.4k on the pc, i will think about it though, if you have any other suggestions then that would be great thanks, what cooler do you use for your CPU?

Jahola

Ok I did some research and I'm going to get the corsair h60, do you think the h60 will do the job for when I overclock?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Ok I did some research and I'm going to get the corsair h60, do you think the h60 will do the job for when I overclock?
I would get something better than the h60 since the cpu runs pretty hot but it is the same as the case and the i7. It is really up to you and your budget. Plenty of reviews online.