My Temp Build

kakashi777

This is just a temp pc for encoding, i like to re-encode videos and stuff but not gaming; are these specs cool?

Case
STYLISH PIANO BLACK FUSION CASE inc. 2 FRONT USB

Processor (CPU)
AMD PHENOM II X4 965 (3.40GHz/8MB CACHE/AM3) - BLACK EDITION

Motherboard
ASUS® M4A87TD/USB3: DUAL DDR3,SATA 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0

Memory (RAM)
4GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 2GB)

Graphics Card
1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GT240 PCI EXPRESS (3D BluRay Ready!)

2nd Graphics Card
NONE

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
500GB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (7,200rpm)

2nd Hard Disk
NONE

RAID (HDD 1 & 2)
NONE

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NONE

Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (READS XD, MS, CF, SD, etc)

Power Supply & Case Cooling
600W Quiet 80 PLUS Quad Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£59)

Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£19)

Sound Card
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forums kakashi777! :)

The above specification is well balanced and will be more than adequate for re-encoding videos, etc. The most important components for video encoding are the processor and memory, and you have balanced both options well.

kakashi777

thanks ^

Iv just been looking at desktop technical support and im gettin worried ill have a issue to in my build, is there a way for you guys to test the system fully working before sending it off to me?

also i might be using the GPU to encode (using the CUDA support Tech) as i found out it runs around 1333MHz x 96 cores thats around 128640MHz < very fast :|

Last edited:

Gorman

Author Level
thanks ^

Iv just been looking at desktop technical support and im gettin worried ill have a issue to in my build, is there a way for you guys to test the system fully working before sending it off to me?

also i might be using the GPU to encode (using the CUDA support Tech) as i found out it runs around 1333MHz x 96 cores thats around 128640MHz < very fast :|

For every problem posted in the forum there are several hundred machines leaving us in the same week with no issues whatsoever. Dont get worried by whats in a technical support forum :D

You should definately encode using cuda. http://www.badaboomit.com

kakashi777

^ thanks for converter :p, my mate was doing a test with his cpu and gpu using mediacoder, (intel core 2 duo pc), cpu was doing 11FPS (11 frames per second) and GPU did 51 FPS :| thats great man.

Do youthink a cooling system should be installed on the gpu tho? that kind of speed im expecting alot of heat..

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Iv just been looking at desktop technical support and im gettin worried ill have a issue too in my build, is there a way for you guys to test the system fully working before sending it off to me?

All our systems are fully tested before dispatch, and go through numerous burn-in tests. After delivery you will be supported through our forums, email and by telephone. Due to the quantity of the high specification systems we manufacture, and the speed of the components we install, it's impossible for every PC to function perfectly and faults can occur. What you can be sure of though is that we'll be here to support you as we're one of the largest UK based system integrators with an established team of staff.

Gorman

Author Level
^ thanks for converter :p, my mate was doing a test with his cpu and gpu using mediacoder, (intel core 2 duo pc), cpu was doing 11FPS (11 frames per second) and GPU did 51 FPS :| thats great man.

Do youthink a cooling system should be installed on the gpu tho? that kind of speed im expecting alot of heat..

Stock cooling will be fine, however if budget allows i would go for the GTX 460 as that thing is a beast with CUDA for the price.

kakashi777

All our systems are fully tested before dispatch, and go through numerous burn-in tests. After delivery you will be supported through our forums, email and by telephone. Due to the quantity of the high specification systems we manufacture, and the speed of the components we install, it's impossible for every PC to function perfectly and faults can occur. What you can be sure of though is that we'll be here to support you as we're one of the largest UK based system integrators with an established team of staff.

Thanks PCS

@Gorman; as i mentioend this is a like a temp build so i wanted to keep it as cheap as possible but with the specs reasonablly good in performance.

Im familiar with the GTX460 (360cores @ 1350MHz) its awsome..when i make my next proper build ill go all out :p

I hope everything turns out well :D (yn)...and thanks for the support and replies guys!