My Unboxing Video for my New Computer!

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
So after a three hour wait! I finally managed to upload the video to youtube. My PC arrived this morning, had a call from the DHL driver at 8:30 (woke me up lol) checking to make sure that I would be in at 9:00 which was pretty cool :)

I'd just like to apologise in advance for the lighting and heavy breathing (damn cameraman lol) but here's me doing an unboxing of my new computer:

[video=youtube;98-rl1ObqYg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98-rl1ObqYg[/video]

Special thanks to everyone involved with the order:

Built By:
Liam Ramsden + Gorman
Tested By: Garnet Heller
QC'd By: Craig Whiteley
Packed By: Anthony Cunliffe
As well as PCS himself (don't worry I won't post your name :D) for helping to put my order through.

Processed Date
01-12-2010

Build Date
02-12-2010

Test Date
09-12-2010

QC Date
10-12-2010

Awaiting Dispatch Date
11-12-2010

Dispatch Date
13-12-2010
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Last edited:

Goosey_J

Silver Level Poster
That's a damn quick build time. My PC spent 5 days in 'Processing' and will probably spend the rest of this week in 'Pre-Production'. You were lucky! What are the specs on that man beast?

ghostfire

Bronze Level Poster
nice video m8, not really sure i trust emo kids with knives but yeah (just joking btw) haha. nice build too ^^

I3astards

Bronze Level Poster
That is similar to the rig I want in the NY! That case looks cool too. You seem to have more fans that a Bangkok hotel room!

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
Love the vid.

I didnt realise your avatar was an actual portrait oO.

^_^ it does look a bit like me, I wouldn't say a portrait though >.<

nice video m8, not really sure i trust emo kids with knives but yeah (just joking btw) haha. nice build too ^^

lol don't worry, i'm careful :D

That is similar to the rig I want in the NY! That case looks cool too. You seem to have more fans that a Bangkok hotel room!
lol, the stock fans don't move a lot of air so the extra one really helps :)

That's a damn quick build time. My PC spent 5 days in 'Processing' and will probably spend the rest of this week in 'Pre-Production'. You were lucky! What are the specs on that man beast?
I'm working on putting it into my signature now, should be finished soon ;)

Last edited:

Sleinous

Author Level
Nice vid :D Enjoy! though im VERY VERY disappointed you didnt call the Caviar Green the "Sleinous endorsed Caviar Green" as many have put in their sigs now :p Nah, just kidding, anyway have fun with your new beasty :p

Last edited:

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
Nice vid :D Enjoy! though im VERY VERY disappointed you didnt call the Caviar Green the "Sleinous endorsed Caviar Green" as many have put in their sigs now :p Nah, just kidding, anyway have fun with your new beasty :p

lol I did think about it but I couldn't make the picture for my signature any bigger and I can't put the spaces in if i try and type it out. It's taken quite a while to try and get my monitor to run at 120hz but I've found and solved the problem now. I had the DVI-D cable plugged into in a normal DVI port on the HD6870 instead of the Dual link DVI port, would have been helpful if it was labelled or something. I can't see any difference in Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising (comparing 60hz to 120hz) with ultra details but I'm still happy to have sorted it out :)

PokerFace

Banned
I had the DVI-D cable plugged into in a normal DVI port on the HD6870 instead of the Dual link DVI port, would have been helpful if it was labelled or something.

Hi Phoenix,

I have the HD6870 connected to a Dell 2408WFP (1920x1200) and a Dell 2007FP (1600x1200). Both connected by DVI ports. My Dell 2408WFP has HDMI and Display Port connections. Can you answer the following please:

1) What is the difference between the two DVI connectors on the HD6870? I noticed you said one is normal DVI and one is Dual Link (which is which and what's the difference?)
2) Is DVI the same video quality as HDMI (only difference is HDMI transmits sound also?)
3) Should I be connecting via Display Port seeing how my monitor and graphics card (I believe) support both, and if so, what's the benefit of DP?

Thanks for your time!

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
1) A standard DVI ports' bandwidth is limited to 60hz for resolutions at 1920x1080 and above which isn't a problem for most monitors it's just that the one I'm using can display 120hz so a DVI-D cable and dual link DVI port is needed for the extra bandwidth, that's the only difference though (the dual-link one is the one next to the HDMI port if you were wondering, they look pretty much identical)

2) Yeah they're the same now with the new HDMI 1.4 update.

3) You could use display port, the advantage of it is that it's a lot smaller than the other connection types which is useful for people running multi-monitor setups because it's easier to hide the cables and remove them (no screws like DVI).

Last edited:

Sleinous

Author Level
Hi Phoenix,

I have the HD6870 connected to a Dell 2408WFP (1920x1200) and a Dell 2007FP (1600x1200). Both connected by DVI ports. My Dell 2408WFP has HDMI and Display Port connections. Can you answer the following please:

1) What is the difference between the two DVI connectors on the HD6870? I noticed you said one is normal DVI and one is Dual Link (which is which and what's the difference?)
2) Is DVI the same video quality as HDMI (only difference is HDMI transmits sound also?)
3) Should I be connecting via Display Port seeing how my monitor and graphics card (I believe) support both, and if so, what's the benefit of DP?

Thanks for your time!

DVI transmits sound too.

Tom DWC

Seriously good unboxing video, nice one - Rep!

Great AMD PC and that case is an absolute beast lol.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Yes - for anyone who hasn't yet received their order, please don't open up the box like that. If for example a monitor was underneath there, then it could have got damaged. :p