Napoleon Total War crashes to desktop

Bitey

I've recently got my new laptop from pcs for general use and to play the newer total war titles that my old desktop has been unable to keep up with. It runs Empire without a hitch and the shogun 2 demo too but for some reason napoleon (the one title I wanted to play most) continually crashes to desktop when I try load anything, a campaign, tutorial, quick battle. I can sometimes get a few minutes of play on the campaign map before crashing but when it comes to battle its gone.

Segas support was saying something about it being the fault of the optimus technology
but I don’t think it can be a problem with optimus failing to switch between graphics cards. When I do run Napoleon (and I can get to the menu and sometimes a few minutes into the campaign map before it crashes, The optimus icon on my laptop clearly shows that it has switched over and is using the dedicated graphics card. As mentioned before empire runs fine with the optimus technology on the dedicated graphics card. Well at least the optimus icon shows, just like in Napoleon that it is using the gt555m rather than integrated graphics and I find it hard to believe that I can be running empire as smoothly (well smoothly except on the campaign map, but I gather this is just an inherent flaw which effects everyone) as I can on ultra settings with just the integrated graphics. So I find it hard to believe that something that was compatible with the older empire, now isn’t for napoleon. Oh and the device manager says my graphics card has the latest drivers installed.

here are my laptop specs- got plenty to manage Napoleon (I did buy it with this in mind after all)

Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i5 Dual Core Mobile Processor i5-2520M (2.50GHz) 3MB Cache
Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card nVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M - 2GB DDR3 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 750GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD7500BPKT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200
rpm)

Anybody had similar experiences or better still solutions? :D