Nearly ready, many questions!

Blakclaw

Hello PCS Forums,

I've been planning a new PC for several months now and the day is nearly here, as most people will know this turns into a bit of an obsession after a while. The spec below is where I'm at right now and to be honest I'm pretty happy with it, that's not my reason for posting. I sent PCS an email Thursday last week and they haven't replied, I'd appreciate it if people will some purchase experience could answer on any of the questions:

---------------------------------

Hi,

I've been planning to order the spec below from PCS at the start of September for ages now and I have a few questions before I do. There's already been a lot of research that's gone into this so far but there are always more questions unfortunately. The spec is below:

Case COOLERMASTER HAF-X - This comes with 4 fans as standard as far as I know 2 intake and 2 exhaust, I intend to use it with 2x 10.5inch cards in crossfire which I already have. There is space inside the case around the graphics cards for 2 optional fans, one 120mm can be fixed to a fan duct which the GPU's slot into and one 80mm can be fitted on a bracket which covers the 2 cards. I would like to know if PCS can install a 120mm fan inside the GPU fan duct as part of the build process? This fan duct also stabilises the cards, I'd ideally like to know if this is usable with 2x 10.5inch cards on the mobo I've chosen below. Finally will these be connected to the mobo fan headers or directly to the power supply?

Overclocked CPU Overclocked Intel® Core i5-2500k

Motherboard ASUS® P8Z68-V PRO

Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X

Graphics Card NONE, I ALREADY HAVE A GRAPHICS CARD

1st Hard Disk 160GB INTEL® 320 SERIES SSD, SATA 3 Gb/s (upto 270MB/sR | 165MB/sW) - The longstanding issue with these drives suddenly dying has been sorted by intel and they are offering free updates to firmware 0362, can you confirm the firmware of the 320 SSD 160Gb will be updated and tested prior to it being dispatched? This is just so I can avoid having to install an OS on the 1.5Gb drive just to then reinstall windows 7 on the SSD once the firmware has been updated.

SSD's seem to be unreliable in general and what it comes down to is that I trust Intel more.

2nd Hard Disk 1.5TB WD CAVIAR BLACK - Are there still stock issues with this drive? If there are I'll change the drive before I buy.

Blu-Ray / DVD 12x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE

Power Supply CORSAIR 1050W PRO SERIES Modular

Processor Cooling TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME - Using this cooler will likely mean that the large metal duct around the large intake fan on the side of the case will not fit, if the metal duct around the side fan has to be taken off (it might fit, I don't know for sure) will you still send me the part in the box with the PC?

Thermal Paste ARCTIC COOLING MX-3
Sound Card ONBOARD
Network Facilities ONBOARD
USB Options AS STANDARD
Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
Silver Warranty

Price: £1,240.00 including VAT and delivery.

Thanks for all your help!