Nearly there. Just a couple of questions.

Tiger Feet

Silver Level Poster
After extensive reading I believe I've made up my mind at the last. There are just a couple of questions to put to rest.

1. I'm going for the Vortex 3. If I went for the NVIDIA GTX 675M graphics card, if I wanted to at a later date, could I upgrade to the 680M?

2. What do most people do or what do you think is the best in this situation? To go for the 30 day dead pixel guarantee or spend another £7 and get the 1 year dead pixel guarantee?

Cheers

steaky360

1. I think you can upgrade the graphics cards in the Vortex series laptops. Although for the difference in performance / cost you might not find that a worthy upgrade.

2. I would recommend the £7 one year guarantee, perhaps others will disagree but piece of mind is worth £7 in my opinion.

Tiger Feet

Silver Level Poster
1. I think you can upgrade the graphics cards in the Vortex series laptops. Although for the difference in performance / cost you might not find that a worthy upgrade.

2. I would recommend the £7 one year guarantee, perhaps others will disagree but piece of mind is worth £7 in my opinion.

You are not wrong there Steaky. Thanks for the advice.

Cheers

Wake

Silver Level Poster
I change my laptop every 2 or 3 years. 3 years ago the best 15.6 laptop you could get had a core 2 duo and an 8600 mgt in it so it shows how much and how quickly things can move on. I have ordered the 660 as it will do what I want but in 3 years that might change. Also, I've spent £1500+ before on laptops and it's not worth the risk doing what I do (the company I work for will pay £750 if you get something damaged/robbed and I'd hate to be out of pocket more than I need to be through work commitments).

I've never had a dead pixel on a laptop - sod's law says I get my Optimus delivered and it has one right in the middle of the screen.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
sod's law says I get my Optimus delivered and it has one right in the middle of the screen.

Not the worst place to get one tbh. For one, you could use it as a sight in FPS games, even when playing on a hard mode... :)

Wake

Silver Level Poster
Good point - perhaps PCS could let you spec a dead pixel for a small additional cost and save on paying not to have one?