Need a new car...

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Just as an update, I have decided to go for a Yaris, now it's just getting the best deal, and I want one of those keyless entry/start packs cos well that'd be so cool!

yeah good choice on the Yaris. yesterday, I spoke to my car oriented family member he said they are very good cars.

bigben

Master Poster
Just as an update, I have decided to go for a Yaris, now it's just getting the best deal, and I want one of those keyless entry/start packs cos well that'd be so cool!

If you are going new then if you can I would wait until March so you get the new registration plate (makes it look a bit newer when you come to sell it)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
So, I've had my Subaru for a few weeks now and I have to admit its easily one of the best cars I've ever driven.

I noticed that whilst driving a larger saloon type cars, you get a lot more respect from other drivers. I hardly have any tailgaters, less people cutting you up and most people give way to you. Sure you still get the odd BMW/AUDI drivers that think they own the roads, those moronic young drivers that think they are invincible, oh and the taxi drivers... . But generally I do find that other road users respect you more.

lol I also found it strange that other Subaru drivers flash and wave at you hahah.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I always wonder whether the slightly odd people that do that (flash/wave) do it in other walks of life.

"Omg brah, we've got the same shoes on!"

or

"Wow, I didn't realise anyone else owned the jacket I bought from M&S! How cool is that!?"

:D

bigben

Master Poster
So, I've had my Subaru for a few weeks now and I have to admit its easily one of the best cars I've ever driven.

I noticed that whilst driving a larger saloon type cars, you get a lot more respect from other drivers. I hardly have any tailgaters, less people cutting you up and most people give way to you. Sure you still get the odd BMW/AUDI drivers that think they own the roads, those moronic young drivers that think they are invincible, oh and the taxi drivers... . But generally I do find that other road users respect you more.

lol I also found it strange that other Subaru drivers flash and wave at you hahah.

1. :)
2. Is the lack of tailgaters because you are driving more sensibly? If I'm stuck behind somebody who's driving 25 mph in a 60 and I have nowhere to overtake then I will tailgate regardless of what they (or I) are driving
3. People cutting me up is a real issue in my car, even if I'm going 50mph they still cut me up. Not such an issue in my van though :)

The real question is though, do you wave back?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
1. :)
2. Is the lack of tailgaters because you are driving more sensibly? If I'm stuck behind somebody who's driving 25 mph in a 60 and I have nowhere to overtake then I will tailgate regardless of what they (or I) are driving
3. People cutting me up is a real issue in my car, even if I'm going 50mph they still cut me up. Not such an issue in my van though :)

The real question is though, do you wave back?

2. nah i drive the same, say when im doing 70 in the right hand lane on a dual carriageway in the subaru i rarely get other drivers tailgating, however when doing the same in my old Seat, I'd have someone tailgating on most journeys.

4ner

Enthusiast
Insurance for me on a £6000 car costs £1700.... Lol. Only had my licence for a few months, so getting an experienced driver as the first person and me as a second driver. Went down to £800 :)

bigben

Master Poster
Insurance for me on a £6000 car costs £1700.... Lol. Only had my licence for a few months, so getting an experienced driver as the first person and me as a second driver. Went down to £800 :)

But you won't get a no claims bonus at the end of the year so...
My insurance was originally £2440 on a £2400 car, with 2 years no claims bonus I could insure an RX8 for £700 (I'm a 20 year old lad)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Car insurance is a rip off! Absolute joke. It does get better once you reach 25/26 though. I would say, always have yourself the main driver, if you are the second driver but in reality you are the main driver if you have an accident the Insurance company could screw you over. Also Like Ben says, you wont build up no claims.