Need a new phone, recommendations of a Smartphone within £200-300? (Unlocked)

Gishank

Bright Spark
Hi.

Well, I thought I might make a fresh thread rather than reviving an outdated thread. Recently my Nokia X3's USB port decided to break and literally came out when I plugged in the cable and I've noticed that the battery life seems to be getting shorter and shorter so rather than sit around and wait for the inevitable I've decided to get a new phone.

I'd like to hear your recommendations on a Smartphone with a minimum of 2GB storage that is unlocked (I intend to use my current 02 Sim from the X3) for around two to threed hundred?

PS;
I'm talking about LEGITIMATE unlocked phones sold by manufacturers, not the shady nonsense that you find on Ebay or on a cheap stall in the street. Just clarifying that.

Last edited:

BAD SANTA

I have the iPhone 4 at the min but I still think the best phone hands down at the minute is the HTC HD2 it is a great phone the touch screen is great.
The big downfall is that it is windows mobile but you can install android on it instead and that makes this phone amazing, you can even overclock the CPU lol and by quite a lot.
I had one and I wish I still did,
My bro has still got his and swears by it, the other option is to just wait a couple of weeks which is when the next lot are coming out.

Gishank

Bright Spark
Mmm... Yeah this thread is kind of null'd now...

When I was out down Bexleyheath in London I got myself a 32GB Nokia X6 from CEXchange for £210, and simply slotted my 02 Pay as you Go sim in... Hell the phone was virtually brand new, it even still had the bit of clear protection sticker on the touch screen. So far (aside from it being technically unsupported by 02 as no smartphone is on pay as you go) I've experienced no issues, the phone runs flawlessly.

Serendipity

Enthusiast
You might not get an iPhone 4 but you could get the older versions like the 3G, I know some shops still sell 'em but it's worth looking at them, they are absolutely fantastic to have.