Need answer's to pc problem

Genesis1

OK this has puzzled me and maybe someone has an answer.
I have an old x99 build with several hdd. 2 have operating systems. My main one win 10 which is default boot set in bios and another which I can select in boot options by hitting f12 at boot and selecting it. The 2nd drive has win 7 Pro.
Recently I had a problem with the 2nd drive in that just out of the blue it would lock up after a few minutes into the desktop. I tracked down the problem to be a service that was loading. It took many reboots into safe mode and msconfig fiddling, but finaly I found the service that was conflicting and disabled it and got it to boot without locking up.
Problem solved I thought. I then went back to carry on my work using win 10. Rebooted and let it default boot. Shock horror blue screen of death! What! I then rebooted again and everything booted fine again.

What I don't get is....I was on a completely separate hdd (win 7) where I was fault finding so why did it muck up win 10 booting?
I'm almost afraid to do any future repairs to other hdd on the system if it messes with win 10 as well.
Why would it effect win 10 when it's not being touched.
Can anyone explain what's going on?