Need Help finding a good Laptop

9Matty9

Hello,

I am looking to upgrade the laptop i currently use in order to be able to play games on it aswell as use it for University work.

I am not sure of specs on Laptops or what is the best to go for.
I am looking for someone to maybe advise me who is an expert or has an idea of a laptop or give me ideas of how to know what i a good processor and other specs for a laptop.

To help these are some of the games im looking to play on this laptop

Rust
Rocket League
Warzone
F1
Extreme modded minecraft (The biggest Mod Packs you can get)

Im looking to be able to run these games smoothly and not at the bare minimum. im not looking for something that runs the best graphics but a laptop that will last me on these games.

Im not picky with the price the only thing i am picky about is that it isnt too fancy looking just as i will be using this at university aswell and dont want to be having a disco whilst typing up notes about economics. Obviously the lower the price the better but dont want to cut out vital components

Im also open to buying a PC aswell because my laptop will sell for only £300 so if im better off keeping my laptop and buying a pc i guess that would be better?

I know i have asked for a lot but help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Matty

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello,

I am looking to upgrade the laptop i currently use in order to be able to play games on it aswell as use it for University work.

I am not sure of specs on Laptops or what is the best to go for.
I am looking for someone to maybe advise me who is an expert or has an idea of a laptop or give me ideas of how to know what i a good processor and other specs for a laptop.

To help these are some of the games im looking to play on this laptop

Rust
Rocket League
Warzone
F1
Extreme modded minecraft (The biggest Mod Packs you can get)

Im looking to be able to run these games smoothly and not at the bare minimum. im not looking for something that runs the best graphics but a laptop that will last me on these games.

Im not picky with the price the only thing i am picky about is that it isnt too fancy looking just as i will be using this at university aswell and dont want to be having a disco whilst typing up notes about economics. Obviously the lower the price the better but dont want to cut out vital components

Im also open to buying a PC aswell because my laptop will sell for only £300 so if im better off keeping my laptop and buying a pc i guess that would be better?

I know i have asked for a lot but help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Matty
We'd need to know a maximum budget as it could range anywhere from about £1200 up to multiple thousands.

PC offers longer lifetime and increased performance for the same money.

Laptops aren't upgradeable in the way PC's are so the GPU will become the first bottleneck after 3 or so years (dependant on budget). A PC will happily go on for 7 - 10 years with 1 or 2 GPU upgrades in that time.

9Matty9

We'd need to know a maximum budget as it could range anywhere from about £1200 up to multiple thousands.

PC offers longer lifetime and increased performance for the same money.

Laptops aren't upgradeable in the way PC's are so the GPU will become the first bottleneck after 3 or so years (dependant on budget). A PC will happily go on for 7 - 10 years with 1 or 2 GPU upgrades in that time.

Ok Thanks. So do you beleive that I should just save my laptop and then buy a PC instead? It sounds like the logical idea if it lasts me longer than what a laptop would. I'm not sure of my budget for a PC but hopefully to run the games I would like to around £1000

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok Thanks. So do you beleive that I should just save my laptop and then buy a PC instead? It sounds like the logical idea if it lasts me longer than what a laptop would. I'm not sure of my budget for a PC but hopefully to run the games I would like to around £1000
A PC is a much better investment if you don't need portability.

£1000 will get you an entry level 1080p 144Hz system.