Need help selecting monitors!

Hi folks, I could really do with help when buying a monitor. I currently have a 5800x, 3070ti on the way for gaming, video watching and general use. (Predominantly gaming). The situation is that I ideally need 2x 1440p monitor set ups. The reason i think i want this over an ultrawide curved is I also have a PS5 and i enjoy gaming / using another monitor at the same time. 3 monitors is unfortunately out of my budget and due to the size of my desk it would not fit. I have been looking at gigabyte models but honestly I am a bit out of my depth. Ideally want to keep the budget for both under £700-800 mark. Cheaper the better but willing to pay for quality. Any advice would be great!

Additional info: my priorities are framerate and the look of the games. Whilst i do play some fast paced games my priority is the best looking experience. Ideal size, 27-32”

Also do i need to concern myself with freesync, g-sync, rtx? I’m alright with pc’s but monitors i havent got a scooby

Further-furthermore regarding ultrawide. If it is possible to split the screen between multiple inputs i.e. have ps5 on half the screen and pc on the other I would 100% get the single Ultrawide monitor. I googled it and couldn’t figure out if this was possible

Last edited:

Bhuna50

Author Level
The Dell you’ve mentioned is a cracking monitor and it’s an absolute steal at the current discounted price. I believe @Bhuna50 has one on the way and that @SpyderTracks has the previous version which he speaks very highly of.
One excited school kid here just waiting ... and then today I get a phone call ...

Cannot believe my luck - I have to go into the office tomorrow now so I may not be around for delivery attempt number 1.... arrrggghhhhh

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Also been looking at Dell S2721DGFA Quad HD 27” LCD Gaming Monitor. Just never sure what is the best option
Awesome monitor. I mean, just awesome for the price, there really are only a few IPS monitors anywhere near that budget and the Dells are really strong ones.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
One excited school kid here just waiting ... and then today I get a phone call ...

Cannot believe my luck - I have to go into the office tomorrow now so I may not be around for delivery attempt number 1.... arrrggghhhhh
I got called in today and politely declined due to omicron, just not worth the risk in my view.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No doubt you would but works stance is it’s under warranty fix or replace. Either that or they offered me a Dell Wyse lol.
Oh god, no, not the Wyse! Bane of my existence those things!

Go to HP, you have my blessing. The need is great

macjim

Bronze Level Poster
They’ve arrived, Mrs Claus has intercepted them 🤬

1639665824743.jpeg

macjim

Bronze Level Poster
Finally managed to find some time to get them setup :)

Gone have the 24" Hannes G 1080p:

Before.JPG

Arrived have the Dell 27" 1440p

After.JPG

My laptop sees the full 2560x1440 from two HDMI ports. Using DP & HDMI from the GTX1660 Super from the Desktop. I took a punt and tried to use a DVI to DP cable I had to "fool" the second monitor into thinking it was DP also, but no luck.

NVidia Control panel only see the one connected to the DP as GSYNC compatible and allows 165 Hz refresh, the other is "stuck" at 144 Hz. But no matter I'm only ever going to Game to one monitor and it sees

Overall a beautiful, crisp, bright display, never knew what I was missing

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Finally managed to find some time to get them setup :)

Gone have the 24" Hannes G 1080p:

View attachment 31490

Arrived have the Dell 27" 1440p

View attachment 31492

My laptop sees the full 2560x1440 from two HDMI ports. Using DP & HDMI from the GTX1660 Super from the Desktop. I took a punt and tried to use a DVI to DP cable I had to "fool" the second monitor into thinking it was DP also, but no luck.

NVidia Control pannel only see the one connected to the DP as GSYNC compatbalie and allows 165 Hz refresh, the other is "stuck" at 144 Hz. But no matter I'm only ever going to Game to one monitor and it sees

Overall a beautiful, crisp, bright display, never knew what I was missing
This is exactly it, people just don't appreciate the improvements from going 1080p to 1440p or TN to IPS or something like that, it really isn't until you see it for yourself that you can really evaluate it for yourself.

Really pleased they're fitting the bill, really good choice of monitors (y)