Need help with a build.

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
Need help configuring a PC for gaming titles like CoD, WoW, D3, Battlefield etc.
I have been trying to configure a computer and as usual torn between INTEL i5 9600k and AMD Ryzen 3600x. I know AMD is the cheaper option but I’ve have a crap history with AMD(I’m not a hater just had bad experience) so I’m sceptical😕. As for anything above i5 I’m not sure I need anything more then 6 cores? I’m not a video editor and programmer or anything like that.
need storage for pictures and videos etc that’s about it.
If anyone is willing to help that would be amazing thanks in advance if you do!😃😃. Budget about £1600.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Need help configuring a PC for gaming titles like CoD, WoW, D3, Battlefield etc.
I have been trying to configure a computer and as usual torn between INTEL i5 9600k and AMD Ryzen 3600x. I know AMD is the cheaper option but I’ve have a crap history with AMD(I’m not a hater just had bad experience) so I’m sceptical😕. As for anything above i5 I’m not sure I need anything more then 6 cores? I’m not a video editor and programmer or anything like that.
need storage for pictures and videos etc that’s about it.
If anyone is willing to help that would be amazing thanks in advance if you do!😃😃. Budget about £1600.
AMD are far better than Intel with their Ryzen 3000 chips, it's made all Intels completely pointless for price vs performance.

What bad experience did you have and when? AMD are a completely different company now.

What monitor are you pairing it with, what resolution and refresh rate or make and model if you're unsure?

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
AMD are far better than Intel with their Ryzen 3000 chips, it's made all Intels completely pointless for price vs performance.

What bad experience did you have and when? AMD are a completely different company now.

What monitor are you pairing it with, what resolution and refresh rate or make and model if you're unsure?

It will be an entire new system Spydertracks. I’ll be purchasing a new monitor to. AMD situation was about 6 years ago😅 it melted 😂😅.

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
Usually go for 24inch monitor and 144mhz 2560 x 1440 red. I’ll most likely order the monitor from PCS with the tower.

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
Come up with this maybe it’s ok? Feedback very welcome😁.

COOLER-MASTER MASTERBOX MB530P RGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.4GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 550W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H80i V2 Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
BullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser
Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Keyboard & Mouse
ASUS Cerberus Gaming Bundle - Keyboard, Mouse, Headset & Mouse Mat
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 13 to 15 working days
Price: £1,654.00 including VAT and Delivery

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you reduce the cpu to 3600, the x doesn’t perform any better but costs more.

reduce the cooler to stock, they are actually superb both for performance and noise and on the 3600, no need for anything more.

otherwise it’s perfect and will utterly destroy at 1440p 144hz

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
If you reduce the cpu to 3600, the x doesn’t perform any better but costs more.

reduce the cooler to stock, they are actually superb both for performance and noise and on the 3600, no need for anything more.

otherwise it’s perfect and will utterly destroy at 1440p 144hz

which CPU cooler would you say is best? I cannot see the same one as stock sorry😅.

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
Thanks guys will order on Friday😃.
Hey PCS what will the current build and delivery time be roughly when I order pretty please? I know it’s hard times now that’s why I ask.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks guys will order on Friday😃.
Hey PCS what will the current build and delivery time be roughly when I order pretty please? I know it’s hard times now that’s why I ask.
PCS don't monitor the forums, but they've posted this notice on the website:

They're still doing extremely well though but current estmates are between 13 and 15 working days (mon - fri)