Need help with a Gaming Pc!

Ive just signed up here, so hopefully you can help. Im looking to switch from console to PC gaming, but i have no idea where to start. Im literally clueless. The games i play are ones like GTA online, cities skylines, no mans sky....can anyone suggest the basics that i need in a PC to play these games well and what i should be looking to pay for one? Thanks in advance

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Not really, if you need a monitor and keyboard etc. as well you really need to be looking at around double that.

polycrac

Rising Star
I think that that budget level means you are often better off getting a console instead of a PC. Am happy to be corrected...

I think that that budget level means you are often better off getting a console instead of a PC. Am happy to be corrected...
500 was just what i threw out there when i didn't realise the cost of them. For a decent one to play the games im interested in, i would be happy to pay more. I just don't want to be shelling out thousands

Dan79

Bronze Level Poster
A good place to start is the review section to get a general feel for pricing. Then with a budget in mind the experts here can fine tune a build.

That's a good point, this review build is fairly close:
Right, I've done it, and I've picked this one. Can anyone tell me if the parts chosen are good enough to play GTA online without it being laggy??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190516_224053_com.ecosia.android.jpg
    Screenshot_20190516_224053_com.ecosia.android.jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 367

Shepard

Enthusiast
Hi DragonMcCain,

The system you chose is on the lower end of the recommended requirements for GTA V and you should be able to play it without lags. However, just as a thought, you chose a MicroATX board, which is a small form factor of motherboards. The physical size of it limits the available slots and might restrict you in the future from upgrading the system.

KR
Shep

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
However, just as a thought, you chose a MicroATX board,
PCS chose a Micro ATX board - it's this review spec: :)

I'd have suggested a better mobo and CPU but with the discount on the review build it's not possible in a manually configured spec without foregoing the high end GPU and the SSD at this price.