New 3080 build arrived

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
has finally gotten home after having to go out after receiving my parcel from DPD (cheeky DPD driver saw me waiting for my parcel after collecting it from the back of the van and made to head back to his van with it!!)

have now just finished unboxing it and eventually figured out how to get the side of to remove the foamy packing stuff inside..

first words.... damn that's one big piece of metal!! lol

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
Hmm thought i'd mentioned in the check my spec thread i made that i was going to transfer my dvd burner drive from my old pc to this new one as well as installing a storage HDD.. oops my bad...

oh well it doesn't bugger my plan for setup to much.. just have to grab a couple of the usb pendrives i have lying around to make live usb drives..

pics for those who want to see will be forthcoming tomorrow after iv tried my experiment for @ubuysa

SiAdams

I hope it arrived safe and sound and working as expected.

I don’t think we are seeing enough of the PCs that are arriving safely and working

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
Pictures 😁

20210725_112203_compress45.jpg

New pc is on the right, the old one on the left. It's only there temporarily as need stuff of it
Will add more later once I resize the photos.. they are to large for the board

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
🤪

it's the only pic that the board will let me upload.. the others are too large.. gotta downsize them before i can post them here..

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg

more pictures :)

now I just have to deal with the xbox app not being happy that the xbox account is one email address whilst the M$ store account is a different email address..😒

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
no... :cry: for some reason Steam isn't sending the authorisation code for new computers to my email(yes i have checked the spam folder🤪) and the xbox app is unhappy... see previous post..

but yes i love my new pc.. i like how the drives, if you went for SDD/HDD's are hidden away, so attention is drawn to the lovely Geforce 3080 with its somewhat hypnotic colour changing leds :)

i have run a 3Dmarks benchmark.. quite a high score :D

Last edited:

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
now that i'm redownloading some of my xbox\steam games library i should be playing soon :), Doom Eternal is hogging the bandwidth at the mo so i'm gonna say....another12 hours roughly..

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
2 hours later and i'm still waiting!! lol 66GB out of 75GB... this could take awhile..

by the way @SpyderTracks, in Doom Eternal, there is a section where you are in a courtyard and you have to kill a demon that teleports in more troops... how you you complete that mission? it's impossible!! i already have the game on my xbox and i haven't played it for more than a month now because of that!:mad:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
2 hours later and i'm still waiting!! lol 66GB out of 75GB... this could take awhile..

by the way @SpyderTracks, in Doom Eternal, there is a section where you are in a courtyard and you have to kill a demon that teleports in more troops... how you you complete that mission? it's impossible!! i already have the game on my xbox and i haven't played it for more than a month now because of that!:mad:
I must admit, I haven't got that far tbh, I've been playing intermittently between about 5 games and haven't gotten back to Doom for a while now.

Google it though, there's always some help video out there on the easy way to do it. There'll be some hidden power up somewhere or a BFG that you need or something like that.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The Plasma Rifle has a Stun Bomb that'll let you stun the summoner for a few seconds, I like to use the rocket launchers lock on ability then switch the gause canon to try and headshot if it's still up I've probably closed the distance enough for the super shotty