New 5950x / 3090 Build - Frequent Crashing

jklondon

Bronze Level Poster
This is a minidump (because it's a crash not a BSOD) and they don't contain all the kernel data structures, however it's good enough for this error.

There is a clear driver error in the active thread...

Code:
fffff580`2d9f7148  fffff802`1ca3ad8b Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_3621da861144492b\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 nvlddmkm+0xcad8b

The nvlddmkm.sys driver is the Nvidia graphics driver. The module that failed was dxgmms2.sys, a DirectX driver, but it seems that the Nvidia graphics driver is the fault here (in any case, dxgmms2.sys is a Microsoft driver and this far less likely to have a problem).

If you haven't done so already I would use DDU to uninstall the existing driver (it will reboot) and then download and install the latest Nvidia driver for your OS and card. Note: Don't install the Nvidia Audio driver that comes with the Nvidia graphics driver, we've had several issues of conflicts with the Realtek audio driver and that one.
Ok I havent done this will do now. Should I install drivers from Nvidia or from Zotac or it doesn't matter?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ok I havent done this will do now. Should I install drivers from Nvidia or from Zotac or it doesn't matter?
Before you install them, uninstall the existing drivers using DDU.

jklondon

Bronze Level Poster
Before you install them, uninstall the existing drivers using DDU.

yup did that and reinstalled. Will runs some stress tests on it overnight.

jklondon

Bronze Level Poster
Having issue where after heavy use the fans on the 3090 go on / off randomly making clicking noise in process. Anyone else experienced this or similar? Txs

jklondon

Bronze Level Poster
Wondering if I should be concerned - default setting - runs this hot 30min playing Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra Raytracing On on 3440x1440 (getting 65-70fps)

5950x CPU.

Appreciate thoughts.

Wondering if I should be concerned - default setting - runs this hot 30min playing Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra Raytracing On on 3440x1440 (getting 65-70fps)

5950x CPU.

Appreciate thoughts.
One of the most demanding games and features out there. Can't say i'm surprised its running hot.

Is it a PCS build? What cooler do you have on it?

Corsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler on 680X case.
Decent Cooler at least :)

Just looking at other forums and compared to some your CPU is running cool while playing Cyberpunk :ROFLMAO:

Providing these temps only occur during cyberpunk? i wouldn't worry too much given how poorly optimised/power hungry that game is.

Might be worth adjusting the in game settings to bring the temp down if you're worried

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Decent Cooler at least :)

Just looking at other forums and compared to some your CPU is running cool while playing Cyberpunk :ROFLMAO:

Providing these temps only occur during cyberpunk? i wouldn't worry too much given how poorly optimised/power hungry that game is.

Might be worth adjusting the in game settings to bring the temp down if you're worried
Just adjust the fan curve rather than nerfing performance.