New AMD mini pc just arrived and already has blue screen of death...

walle1

I ordered a high spec mini pc with AMD processor 3 weeks ago and it has only just arrived. I just started setting it up and found that it cannot boot windows. I get the blue screen and error message even when selecting 'safe mode':

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: check for viruses on your computer, remove any newly installed hard drives .... etc

I also noticed that the box was a slightly damaged on delivery by the courier... but I did no notice until he left as it was only on one side.

What should I do?!

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The BSOD you are getting is more likely related to a corrupt installation than faulty hardware. When you first turned it on, did you restart the PC at any point whilst the system was setting up? It may be that you need to re-install your operating system now, but I would suggest you contact our call centre tomorrow morning on 0844 499 4000 to confirm.