New AMD Ryzen 4000 Mobile processors

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all

The time has come (fingers crossed).

AMD has announced their Ryzen 4000 mobile APU's, which look to match their desktop counterparts at challenging Intels dominance in the laptop market.

Obviously we're not going to know actual benchmark figures until 3rd party reviews come along.

The hope is that we'll get Intel performance at much lower TDP so thermals will actually be manageable!

VenatoS

Hi all

The time has come (fingers crossed).

AMD has announced their Ryzen 4000 mobile APU's, which look to match their desktop counterparts at challenging Intels dominance in the laptop market.

Obviously we're not going to know actual benchmark figures until 3rd party reviews come along.

The hope is that we'll get Intel performance at much lower TDP so thermals will actually be manageable!

AMD's known for its high thermals so wouldn't count on that too much 😳

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
AMD's known for its high thermals so wouldn't count on that too much 😳
??? Have you not looked at Zen 2's thermals? It's like mid 70's. You must be talking of AMD many years ago.

Remember, this is an entirely new architecture from the ground up. There's zero similarity to their previous chips. That's the whole point, that's why they're crushing Intel in every market.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Indeed. The only question is whether Clevo and the like will start offering AMD models. It has been a long time since we saw even AMD GPUs in Clevos (at least those offered on PCS)

Stephen M

Author Level
I would hope any sane business person would seriously consider AMD for laptops now, as has already been said on this thread AMD now is a totally different beast from the CPUs of a few years back when it seemed they were content to just spew out mid to low end garbage.

If a Ryzen Octane came along I would be very interested.

Stephen M

Author Level
Is there a world record for the quickest posting of the like thumbs up? Oussebon seemed to have merited my last post as I was posting it. Are you reading my mind :)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Yes. You're currently looking forward to Computex for Ryzen 4000 series desktop CPUs on Zen 3.

Oh, wait, that's me. :)