New arrival to me :-)

KriSta

Silver Level Poster
This is my first post here and I just got my new arrival to me. A new PCSpecialst Valeon 17.3" laptop running Ryzen 9 and GeForce RTX 3070. So far I cannot be more happy with it and it has running smooth and silent whole day :)
It is replacing my old Asus ROG GVSK sporting the Intel i7 7820HK and the nVidia GTX1070 and it`s 17.3" 1080 120Hz screen.
I`ve had the Asus since Nov 2018 and it is getting a bit tired . So far the Valeon has exceeded my expectations and is as silent as the Asus was , which is high praise as it also was silent .

Some pics from the unboxing event :)

Kind Regards
Christoffer

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
This is my first post here and I just got my new arrival to me. A new PCSpecialst Valeon 17.3" laptop running Ryzen 9 and GeForce RTX 3070. So far I cannot be more happy with it and it has running smooth and silent whole day :)
It is replacing my old Asus ROG GVSK sporting the Intel i7 7820HK and the nVidia GTX1070 and it`s 17.3" 1080 120Hz screen.
I`ve had the Asus since Nov 2018 and it is getting a bit tired . So far the Valeon has exceeded my expectations and is as silent as the Asus was , which is high praise as it also was silent .

Kind Regards
Christoffer

Nice man! Have fun with it :D

D

Deleted member 17413

The valeon is one of the new models, so any feedback you can give would be great!
Got a few people asking about that laptop atm.

If you fancied writing a review in a week about how youve found it?

D

Deleted member 41971

Kind Regards
Christoffer

if you do have time to write a reivew, it would be great to hear how you have found it performance wise, for a laptop the choices look powerful

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Kind Regards
Christoffer

Looks great, enjoy

KriSta

Silver Level Poster
Hi everyone
I`ll do a review of the laptop in a few days , once I`ve get to know it a bit better :) But for now it is vastly better than my old Asus ROG minus two items , lack of USB ports and onboard storage . My old Asus had 4x USB Type A ports and one Type C and the Valeon only have three and the USB-C is occupied by me for displayport to my 35" Acer Predator Z35p monitor. This causes a bit of an issue as I would need a USB-hub or similar for more ports . As for onboard storage , I`d like to see 3x NVMe slots and a few other companies do offer that , but minor gripes really :)

PhilHibbs

Bronze Level Poster
My concern over the Valeon is the narrow central hinge under the screen. I can see that getting a lot of wear, I would advise you to be respectful of the screen when opening it, lift either in the middle or evenly at both corners.