New build arrives ! Plus need a little help 😉

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
New build came today. And it looks amazing...
Just wanna say thanks to everyone for your assistance over the last month or so helping me choose the right components.

one thing is bugging me tho.
I belive I've got the Corsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler (that's what I ordered)
But for some reason the fans won't light up...
maybe they are not meant to ?

Any help would be appreciated, I'm not that familiar with the corsair lighting program
20201028_190517.jpg

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
Also just loaded up a game.... when using epic settings there's a weird buzzing sound coming from the pc...
Drop the graphics to medium and it dissappears.... lol

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah, that's nasty coil whine where some of the caps on the GPU are essentially leaking air I think and makes an awful whine.

If it's bad, you can raise an RMA for the card with PCS by logging into your main PCS account:

1603921159567.png

Just ask to RMA the GPU, rather than having to send the whole build back, they should be able to send a replacement by courier for next day, and the courier will just swap it for the old one for you to fit yourself.

It's very easy to fit a GPU, we can talk you through it if you need any help.

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah, that's nasty coil whine where some of the caps on the GPU are essentially leaking air I think and makes an awful whine.

If it's bad, you can raise an RMA for the card with PCS by logging into your main PCS account:

View attachment 19312

Just ask to RMA the GPU, rather than having to send the whole build back, they should be able to send a replacement by courier for next day, and the courier will just swap it for the old one for you to fit yourself.

It's very easy to fit a GPU, we can talk you through it if you need any help.
I will keep an eye on it for now. When I've got my headphones on I'm pretty sure I won't hear it.
And I should be ok installing the card.... unless its changed in the past 10 years ?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just to add, worth checking the fans on the GPU just in case there's a cable or something that's brushing up against them when they ramp up, it's possible they're causing some noise if that's the case.

D

Deleted member 17413

Let’s call in the big guns, I’m pretty sure @SpyderTracks has helped someone out with a very similar issue before...
Ive had the issue with the lighting, and I found the answer on the corsair forums and also helped another with it....

You have the 500D SE case, the H115i Plat with ML120 fans and the case has LL120 fans... check the RGB controller on the back (not the commander pro unit). Are all five fans plugged into it? If yes, thats your issue. (the fans from the cooler should plug into the controller unit for the cooler, the USB connector that plugs into it has two wires with sockets for the lighting on the fans, the RGB controller cantt deal with the ML/LL fans being on the same controller.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ive had the issue with the lighting, and I found the answer on the corsair forums and also helped another with it....

You have the 500D SE case, the H115i Plat with ML120 fans and the case has LL120 fans... check the RGB controller on the back (not the commander pro unit). Are all five fans plugged into it? If yes, thats your issue. (the fans from the cooler should plug into the controller unit for the cooler, the USB connector that plugs into it has two wires with sockets for the lighting on the fans, the RGB controller cantt deal with the ML/LL fans being on the same controller.
Good shout, completely forgot about that!