mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster

Attachments

• pcs1.png
    pcs1.png
    672.5 KB · Views: 145
D

Deleted member 17413

Assuming its been set up the same as mine was...the ports 4 and 5 witll have the ML120 leads, unplug and then put these into the connectors coming off the cooler head (likely to be tucked under the metal cover plate on the back with teh rest of the wires)
Bad news is, getting the plate back on is not an easy job...I left mine off in the end rather than force it.

You can check its those ports by unplugging them and powering up the system, the three front fans should still have the lights running.

D

Deleted member 17413

Yep.
1, 2 and 3 are likely to be the fans in the front given PCS seem to have a standard approach to how they wire everything up.

Turn off the PC, unplug 4 and 5 (Think both had the yellow plastic tags saying "to RGB controller" on mine too...so may help identify which you need to swap), turn it back on...check the front fans are still going (this tells you that you have the right wires)
Take the black cover panel off the back that the wires all feed under, and you are looking for two flat, black connector sockets that those fan wire will then plug into. you may have to cut a few cable ties to free them up.

Im actually pretty annoyed with PCS... I detailed this issue for them months ago, its a common issue on the corsair forums, other customers have also had the same issue and how the hell are these PC's getting past quality control with lighting that isnt working?
Its a pretty damn obvious issue to spot...
@moosEh

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
Yep.
1, 2 and 3 are likely to be the fans in the front given PCS seem to have a standard approach to how they wire everything up.

Turn off the PC, unplug 4 and 5 (Think both had the yellow plastic tags saying "to RGB controller" on mine too...so may help identify which you need to swap), turn it back on...check the front fans are still going (this tells you that you have the right wires)
Take the black cover panel off the back that the wires all feed under, and you are looking for two flat, black connector sockets that those fan wire will then plug into. you may have to cut a few cable ties to free them up.

Im actually pretty annoyed with PCS... I detailed this issue for them months ago, its a common issue on the corsair forums, other customers have also had the same issue and how the hell are these PC's getting past quality control with lighting that isnt working?
Its a pretty damn obvious issue to spot...
@moosEh
Could I buy you a beer ?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
@sibun1 - you’re an absolute legend. I knew I’d seen this somewhere before. Thank you for chiming in 👍👍👍

It seems this has cropped up a couple of times now, may be worthy of a sticky if we see another occurrence?

D

Deleted member 17413

LOL I appreciate the offer but it may be a bit flat by the time it gets to me through the post...

Next up is the GPU whine, Spyders' recommendation to RMA it is a good one, see if you can record it and send the recording in to PCS when you request an RMA. I would strongly advise going for a replacement, its possible you may even get a free upgrade from it (tell them about the lighting issue too). the 2070 RTX is out of stock atm so fingers crossed...might get a 3070!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
@sibun1 - you’re an absolute legend. I knew I’d seen this somewhere before. Thank you for chiming in 👍👍👍

It seems this has cropped up a couple of times now, may be worthy of a sticky if we see another occurrence?
That’s a good shout.

@sibun1 you ok to create a post specifically for sorting this using the photos you’ve used here and I’ll sticky it? I would use this thread but it’s got multiple issues.

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
Respect lads appreciate it....
The back plate can suck one for tonight cba with that!!!

Yeh maybe I will send them a video. And get a replacement.
Cant see me getting the 3070 tho... lols

Cheers again

D

Deleted member 17413

I never put mine back on, its a real squeeze getting it in place and a very, very tight fit (mine was anyway).
Gave up rather than end up damaging something, and just made sure everything was bundled neatly instead.

D

Deleted member 17413

Should be a USB that plugs into the Commander pro?
On the Pro, there are two USB ports I think (its all labelled)
The green line is sitting on the wire coming from the Pro, is should track back to the cooler head itself. I would check its plugged in properly, if it all is and theres no updates etc, its another thing to speak to PCS about.
DFN1s5h.jpg

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
Only thing now is the icue
Should be a USB that plugs into the Commander pro?
On the Pro, there are two USB ports I think (its all labelled)
The green line is sitting on the wire coming from the Pro, is should track back to the cooler head itself. I would check its plugged in properly, if it all is and theres no updates etc, its another thing to speak to PCS about.
Seems to be plugged in ok

D

Deleted member 17413

But nothing showing in iCue?
Well, if the lights are on on it all its got power, so could be the wire itself to the controller? not sure, but that def seems like a RMA to me.
Not an issue ive had so I dont know the fix, im sorry.

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
But nothing showing in iCue?
Well, if the lights are on on it all its got power, so could be the wire itself to the controller? not sure, but that def seems like a RMA to me.
Not an issue ive had so I dont know the fix, im sorry.
I will take a look tomorrow, yeh it can go back if its not working correctly. Will they moan that I've taken it apart?