New build arrives ! Plus need a little help 😉

D

Deleted member 17413

Explain the issues, the bits youve done to fix what you can.
Shouldnt be an issue, these arent faults youve created. Include a link to this thread as well.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I will take a look tomorrow, yeh it can go back if its not working correctly. Will they moan that I've taken it apart?
You're allowed to play with the internals and make upgrades as you like, doesn't affect warranty so long as you don't damage something in the process, but like @sibun1 says, I'm positive you haven't done any damage during this.

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
You're allowed to play with the internals and make upgrades as you like, doesn't affect warranty so long as you don't damage something in the process, but like @sibun1 says, I'm positive you haven't done any damage during this.
Fair enough. Might have to send it back then. The problem is something I could live with BUT if its not right..... then they can fix it. I've paid for the top warranty option so should be all good

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Fair enough. Might have to send it back then. The problem is something I could live with BUT if its not right..... then they can fix it. I've paid for the top warranty option so should be all good
They may well be able to suggest something over the phone. Worth calling them in the first instance.

D

Deleted member 17413

If the cooler unit isnt working, its not an issue you can live with.
The CPU (even if it stays under 90C) will end up with a shortened lifespan and may have throttling issues due to overheating.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You've definitely checked that the micro USB is plugged into the pump of the cooler?

img_9215.jpg

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
If the cooler unit isnt working, its not an issue you can live with.
The CPU (even if it stays under 90C) will end up with a shortened lifespan and may have throttling issues due to overheating.
One would presume the cooler is working but not talking to the controller? I'll give it an wiz on warzone tomorrow and see if the temps are OK

Cheers for all your help. I'm off to bed. Will report back tomorrow

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just checked and yes it is
Ok, give PCS a call tomorrow.

I’d keep an eye on temps if you’re using it in the meantime, cpu shouldn't go over 75c really

Last edited:

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
Seems to be loads of people having the same problem.

I don't understand how my pc has been tested and checked. But these issues haven't been noticed...
Firstly do they not check to see that its all connected properly...

Secondly to they not stress test the GPU ?
If I noticed the "whine" straight away. Then how didn't these professionals who do this type of thing every day...

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Seems to be loads of people having the same problem.

I don't understand how my pc has been tested and checked. But these issues haven't been noticed...
Firstly do they not check to see that its all connected properly...

Secondly to they not stress test the GPU ?
If I noticed the "whine" straight away. Then how didn't these professionals who do this type of thing every day...
AFAIK PCS don't publish the testing that they do, but it's my impression that they soak test them overnight to make sure that they don't overheat and that they don't fail. It's clear from posts on here that they don't test every feature or every port - that would take forever and cost a great deal to do. As for coil whine, it's possible that in a testing area with dozens of other PCs on soak with fans running they may not even hear it.

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
AFAIK PCS don't publish the testing that they do, but it's my impression that they soak test them overnight to make sure that they don't overheat and that they don't fail. It's clear from posts on here that they don't test every feature or every port - that would take forever and cost a great deal to do. As for coil whine, it's possible that in a testing area with dozens of other PCs on soak with fans running they may not even hear it.
when I've just spent £2500 English pounds i would expect the PC to come working and not have to consult the forums and take things apart within the first couple of hours. amen

Gavras

Master Poster
With Cap squeal and coil whine (I know most understand this), it’s two separate issues.

with caps, they will just go and fail.

Inductors are bit different and can be hard finding where it is coming from.

coil noise can also clear itself.

Having a good depth of conformal coating used to reduce this, equally have seen glue gun used in the past when specific source of noise was identified.

A Worksop with 30 plus PC’s on crash test, it’s hard to hear much tbh.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
when I've just spent £2500 English pounds i would expect the PC to come working and not have to consult the forums and take things apart within the first couple of hours. amen
And I agree. All PCs shipped by PCS should work out of the box every time, regardless of what the customer has paid. Sadly the world doesn't work that way and it's unfortunate that a small few will have issues. Nobody is perfect.

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
I think coil wine is a very common issue with the 30 series. Reading Reddit and other forums lots said that it quietened after a couple days/week and another way to reduce it is by undervolting your GPU. There are some really good YouTube videos that show undervolting gives you just as good performance with lower temps, power draw as well as noise.

Here's a good video

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
I think coil wine is a very common issue with the 30 series. Reading Reddit and other forums lots said that it quietened after a couple days/week and another way to reduce it is by undervolting your GPU. There are some really good YouTube videos that show undervolting gives you just as good performance with lower temps, power draw as well as noise.

Here's a good video
I wasn't lucky enough to get a 30 series mate. Had to settle for a 2070 super...

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
Small update. Tried called this evening but was 19 in the queue at 7am lol....
Will try again tomorrow.

Played warzone for a couple of hours and temps seemed normal on the cpu so I suspect then cooler is working. But is still not being recognised by icue. Icue is definitely recognising device's as it picked up my keyboard strait away