New Build, Corsair 5000D, Strix 570, 5900X, 32GB RAM

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
New build arrived today. Sadly I didn't realize the GPU required a HDMI cable, and my monitor doesn't support one, only VGA and something else.

I've ordered a 24.5" BenQ MOBIUZ EX2510 Monitor 1920x1080, 144Hz monitor from Scan and should arrive tomorrow.

Currently I've added new fans than the standard two.

I tried putting the back plate back in the case, but the AIO is in the way, so it'll have to stay off for now. Also had to remove some cable ties to get to the fan wires.

Will post more pics when it's running.

Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
CPU AMD Ryzen 9 5900X (3.7GHz04.8GHz) 70MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F Gaming
RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600MHz (2x16GB)
GPU 12GB NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3060
PSU Corsair 850W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold, Extra Quiet
CPU Cooler Corsair H115i Elite Capellix RGB Hydro Series High Performance

Storage 1TB PCS 2,5" SSD, SATA 6GB (520MB/R, 470MB,W) / 500GB Seagate Firecuda 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (5000MB/R, 2500MB/W) / 1TB INTEL® 670p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (3500MB/sR | 2500MB/sW)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    476.4 KB · Views: 493
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    510.2 KB · Views: 479

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Looks like a nice build mate, yeah no current gen GPU supports DVI/VGA they are basically dead mediums. HDMI and Display Port are now the standard

The AIO shouldn't prevent you from putting on the back plate though

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Could possibly be a foot from underneath. There are often adjustable ones that have a hex on them.

Would be funnier if it was off part of your furniture though and you were racking your brain where it was on the case.

RichLan564

Bright Spark
New build arrived today. Sadly I didn't realize the GPU required a HDMI cable, and my monitor doesn't support one, only VGA and something else.

I've ordered a 24.5" BenQ MOBIUZ EX2510 Monitor 1920x1080, 144Hz monitor from Scan and should arrive tomorrow.

I tried putting the back plate back in the case, but the AIO is in the way, so it'll have to stay off for now. Also had to remove some cable ties to get to the fan wires.

Storage 1TB PCS 2,5" SSD, SATA 6GB (520MB/R, 470MB,W) / 500GB Seagate Firecuda 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (5000MB/R, 2500MB/W) / 1TB INTEL® 670p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (3500MB/sR | 2500MB/sW)
I dont think the backplate will go on easily withethe front fans and AIO installed also the cables as installed will foul it, they would need pushing back, i looked at putting mine on but gave up in the end and just put some fans there instead !

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Front fan cables can be put behind the plate.

I could try mounting the fans on the other side of the top plate/brace whatever, but I'm not in a rush.

Outerarm

I've ordered a very similar setup -- same case, MB, RAM and cooling. Did you add any extra fans yourself and have you solved the fit issues with the AIO? I'm wondering if I need a different case to give more room.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've ordered a very similar setup -- same case, MB, RAM and cooling. Did you add any extra fans yourself and have you solved the fit issues with the AIO? I'm wondering if I need a different case to give more room.
The 5000D is quite a big case mate, I doubt you'll have any trouble mounting an AIO wherever you want

RichLan564

Bright Spark
The 5000D is quite a big case mate, I doubt you'll have any trouble mounting an AIO wherever you want

I agree, its a pretty big case, i have 3 x 120mm fans in the front, the 2 x air guides that came with it as standard in the side and another one at the back, that's with top mounted H150i Capellix, no fit issues, its a bit tight at the top agaisnt the motherboard but its not causing an issue anywhere

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I agree, its a pretty big case, i have 3 x 120mm fans in the front, the 2 x air guides that came with it as standard in the side and another one at the back, that's with top mounted H150i Capellix, no fit issues, its a bit tight at the top agaisnt the motherboard but its not causing an issue anywhere
Hi mate, isn't the H150i specifically designed to fit on that space at the back panel? That grill on the right hand side of the motherboard should have the H150i fit like a glove mate

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Hi mate, isn't the H150i specifically designed to fit on that space at the back panel? That grill on the right hand side of the motherboard should have the H150i fit like a glove mate
No idea, it came top mounted from PCS so thats where it stayed, i dont think i can be bothred to contemplate moving it

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
No idea, it came top mounted from PCS so thats where it stayed, i dont think i can be bothred to contemplate moving it
Yeah top mounting it is awesome (y) it's probably the best place for it to be honest.

Aesthetically I just like how it looks side mounted in that window but that's all preference I guess

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Yeah top mounting it is awesome (y) it's probably the best place for it to be honest.

Aesthetically I just like how it looks side mounted in that window but that's all preference I guess
Yeah would look OK side mounted, can go either place accoding to the compatability chart on Corsair site.

Top is better for me anyway as the right hand side of the case is pretty near a wall so better as an intake than exhaust

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

I see I’m the only one that got the Corsair 5000X with the side shroud installed (yeah you have the 5000D, but they share same interior design). Damn would have loved if it wasn’t in its place to add 3 more fans.

I was looking on how to remove it, but I realized I have to remove the radiator, remove the GPU, screw up the cable management etc

Last edited:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I see I’m the only one that got the Corsair 5000X with the side shroud installed (yeah you have the 5000D, but they share same interior design). Damn would have loved if it wasn’t in its place to add 3 more fans.

I was looking on how to remove it, but I realized I have to remove the radiator, remove the GPU, screw up the cable management etc
yeah but it's worth the challenge to increase the amount of RGB