New Build, Corsair 5000D, Strix 570, 5900X, 32GB RAM

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If that were true though @ubuysa, then I should at Einstein level intelligence by now. 😃

The damage done to my fingers this morning while trying to fix a tap would suggest otherwise sadly.......
At least you attempted to fix it.... my kitchen tap has been leaking from the top mount and dripping from the nozzle for close to a year.... haven't touched it. Now that is the work of a true moron :)

3qtrsamericano

Bright Spark
At least you attempted to fix it.... my kitchen tap has been leaking from the top mount and dripping from the nozzle for close to a year.... haven't touched it. Now that is the work of a true moron :)

If you ever do decide to get it changed, would highly recommend Franke.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you ever do decide to get it changed, would highly recommend Franke.
I will do it, it needs a new tap, this one has been overtightened and the seals are bust.

It's a crappy tap anyway, needs a new one, but I want one of these filtered boil taps, they look awesome!

3qtrsamericano

Bright Spark

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I will do it, it needs a new tap, this one has been overtightened and the seals are bust.

It's a crappy tap anyway, needs a new one, but I want one of these filtered boil taps, they look awesome!

That looks like something that could test the wording of my Health Insurance policy!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That looks like something that could test the wording of my Health Insurance policy!
I drink tea more than most people absorb liquid.

All I drink is a couple of cups of coffee first thing, then tea for the rest of the day, with one or two lemsips thrown in for party time.

I never drink water much to the annoyance of most of my health professionals and ex girlfriends.

As such, I'm constantly boiling the kettle.

I just love the idea of running the tap for instant boiling filtered water.

They're expensive, but the energy they'd save by needless boiling the kettle and the time saved as well I think would make up for it in a year or two.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Actually - just found this bit of info in your link Spyder:

1635543869287.png

That basically means I won't be able to use it at all. :rolleyes:

Incidentally, I have decided that if it takes an adult to screw up something that is childproof, then it takes a genius to screw up something that is foolproof. By that measure maybe Ubuysa is right - I am a genius!

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I drink tea more than most people absorb liquid.

All I drink is a couple of cups of coffee first thing, then tea for the rest of the day, with one or two lemsips thrown in for party time.

I never drink water much to the annoyance of most of my health professionals and ex girlfriends.

As such, I'm constantly boiling the kettle.

I just love the idea of running the tap for instant boiling filtered water.

They're expensive, but the energy they'd save by needless boiling the kettle and the time saved as well I think would make up for it in a year or two.
Yeah I get ya! (y) 🫖

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Incidentally, I have decided that if it takes an adult to screw up something that is childproof, then it takes a genius to screw up something that is foolproof. By that measure maybe Ubuysa is right - I am a genius!
In a court the definition of an "expert witness" is anyone who knows more about that subject than anyone else in the courtroom. It follows therefore, that if you're the only person in the room then you truly are a genius.

QED

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
In a court the definition of an "expert witness" is anyone who knows more about that subject than anyone else in the courtroom. It follows therefore, that if you're the only person in the room then you truly are a genius.

QED
Love it!

Also, I can use that to blame everyone else for ruining my intelligence when they enter the room. "The only people in here were experts - until you arrived! :mad: :mad: "

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Wish I'd bought a larger SSD for games:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
You have 2.5TB of space. Is that not enough?!

But in any case it's fixable. Order a 2TB SSD and fit that instead, then buy a USB M.2 caddy and use that with the drive you already have as a USB external drive for backup/transfer/etc.

This is the one I have and it's awesome.

Or you could get a PCIe M.2 adapter and stick that in there, but personally I'd prefer the external drive unless you already have one.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
You have 2.5TB of space. Is that not enough?!

But in any case it's fixable. Order a 2TB SSD and fit that instead, then buy a USB M.2 caddy and use that with the drive you already have as a USB external drive for backup/transfer/etc.

This is the one I have and it's awesome.

Or you could get a PCIe M.2 adapter and stick that in there, but personally I'd prefer the external drive unless you already have one.
Just deleted my post and put it in my 'build' thread instead.

I looked at a 2TB and the total is £300. Sadly it will have to wait as I don't have the money for one yet. I'll decide to buy one in the future.