New Build, Corsair 5000D, Strix 570, 5900X, 32GB RAM

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Loving this computer. Haven't have any lag on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt since downloading it again. (Need to try Dirt Rally 2.0 yet but it will take years to download since it's 100GB). Boot to Windows is around 5 seconds thanks to the fast M.2 drive, and no need to wait til Windows calms down and finishes whatever it does upon loading unlike my old computer.

@Outerarm Regarding the AIO, I haven't done anything with it. I might in the future, but I'm not in a rush

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I've just noticed that the AIO fans are pulling air in from the top, I thought they would be pushing air out on to the radiator and out of the case?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've just noticed that the AIO fans are pulling air in from the top, I thought they would be pushing air out on to the radiator and out of the case?
Are you sure, the badges should be facing the inside of the case and if you look on them there should be an arrow showing airflow direction

RichLan564

Bright Spark
I put my hand below the fans and air was blowing inwards. I swapped the fans round last night.
Are you sure about this, would be highly unusual if they had been mounted the wrong way ?

To be sure take the top grill off and put a piece of paper on to to check the direction.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Having all your fans as intakes isn't necessarily a problem. In fact it should probably lead to slightly lower CPU temperatures (because the radiator will be cooled by air from outside the case rather than inside), at the expense of slightly higher GPU and motherboard temperatures (because some of the air will have come having already cooled the CPU and therefore be hotter).

Having all exhaust fans is a problem (because it creates negative air pressure and sucks dust into the case), but all intake shouldn't be a big problem in most circumstances.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Having all exhaust fans is a problem (because it creates negative air pressure and sucks dust into the case), but all intake shouldn't be a big problem in most circumstances.
Doesn't all intake blow dust into the case?

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Doesn't all intake blow dust into the case?
No, because it presumes all the intakes have dust covers and the air will be exhausted through other gaps in the case, whereas all exhaust will pull air in through those unfiltered gaps.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
No, because it presumes all the intakes have dust covers and the air will be exhausted through other gaps in the case, whereas all exhaust will pull air in through those unfiltered gaps.
OK, that makes sense. :)

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm very surprised at that temperature. Was it achieved while gaming or in a synthetic load like FurMark? Even with no fans, I'd expect the 4000D to provide enough airflow to keep the 3060 below 91 degrees.

I'd check
  • if the fans you've fitted are moving
  • if they're pointing the right way (maybe you could send a photo of them installed?)
  • what speed setting you have them on (in the BIOS they should be on PWM mode, and probably "standard" rather than "silent" for gaming)
And yes, as Martin says, are the fans on the graphics card moving at all?

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Changed the curve for the 3 front fans and rear in the BIOS.
Changed the GPU fan curve in FireStorm.
I've been on MSFS all day and loaded ICUE up to find that the temp was at 91C. Changed graphics settings. Now at around 70-73C.