New Build - Suggestions?

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
If you’re really keen on the Founder’s Edition I’d try sourcing it yourself. I think you’re 90% likely to get Palit or Zotac from PCS.

New Ryzen are due for unveiling in October is it? Doesn’t seem that long to wait... but I haven’t got all that money burning a hole in my pocket 😆

That had me worried so I just spoke to PCS live chat. They've got the Zotac cards. I assumed it would be the founders edition :(

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Think I'm going to sleep on it. Never had a gaming pc before but I read it's pretty easy to add in the gpu separately. Those FE 3080s are gorgeous!

Aren’t they just! I’ve never seen a graphics card with such a sleek aesthetic before. Fitting a GPU isn’t as terrifying as it initially seems, it’s actually really quite simple. I remember having a ‘is that it?’ moment when I first changed one 😆

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Think I'm going to sleep on it. Never had a gaming pc before but I read it's pretty easy to add in the gpu separately. Those FE 3080s are gorgeous!
They are absolutely stunning, not only that though, the cooler is quite remarkable, outperforming the 2080ti cooler despite putting out more heat.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
They are absolutely stunning, not only that though, the cooler is quite remarkable, outperforming the 2080ti cooler despite putting out more heat.

Do we know if it’s just the FE cards that have that cooler design? I’d not really thought to look up what the other brands are doing...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Do we know if it’s just the FE cards that have that cooler design? I’d not really thought to look up what the other brands are doing...
We’ve had a few renders of third party cards and so far they’re all the usual dual fan / triple fan setups.

Silenced

Bronze Level Poster
If you’re really keen on the Founder’s Edition I’d try sourcing it yourself. I think you’re 90% likely to get Palit or Zotac from PCS.

New Ryzen are due for unveiling in October is it? Doesn’t seem that long to wait... but I haven’t got all that money burning a hole in my pocket 😆

Yeah, two separate events in October. I might just hold out. Seems a waste to buy now and upgrade as probs won't get my money back on 3900/3950X lol

AMD today announced it will host two separate events in October. The first event will cover Zen3 architecture and most likely Ryzen 4000 series processors codenamed Vermeer. This event is scheduled for October 8th. The name of the event is 'Next Generation Ryzen Desktop Processors'

Silenced

Bronze Level Poster
Back from my holiday.

Not yet watched AMD's event (0.18Mbps 3G wasn't enough man power to watch streams/events lol). Will watch in a bit.

What's everyone's thoughts on the CPUs? Now I can look at a build, finally! £2,500 budget - should I make a new thread to keep it fresh? lol

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Back from my holiday.

Not yet watched AMD's event (0.18Mbps 3G wasn't enough man power to watch streams/events lol). Will watch in a bit.

What's everyone's thoughts on the CPUs? Now I can look at a build, finally! £2,500 budget - should I make a new thread to keep it fresh? lol

Hope you had a good holiday and you haven’t got face mask tan lines 😁

Keep the thread going, it’s good to keep all the info in one place... and it’s almost a year old, it’d be nice to see it reach it’s first birthday 😆👍

I think the new CPUs look fantastic, Intel have really got their work cut out if they plan on catching up. The 5800X looks like the go to gaming chip for the foreseeable future, I’m happy with my 3800X but if I was planning a new build anytime soon it’d be a no-brainer.

Silenced

Bronze Level Poster
Hope you had a good holiday and you haven’t got face mask tan lines 😁

Keep the thread going, it’s good to keep all the info in one place... and it’s almost a year old, it’d be nice to see it reach it’s first birthday 😆👍

I think the new CPUs look fantastic, Intel have really got their work cut out if they plan on catching up. The 5800X looks like the go to gaming chip for the foreseeable future, I’m happy with my 3800X but if I was planning a new build anytime soon it’d be a no-brainer.

I did indeed, thank you! No tan though as we remained in the UK, Devon. Was sunny though so that was a bonus.

I was originally gonna get 3900X and 2080TI then it changed to 3080. Feel 3090 is just wasted money for my use-case for like extra 20fps? Dunno.

However, I want the FE card so my PC will have to likely sit around for many more months until more widely available before I can use it lol!

I'm going with 1440p 144hz minimum display (x2) Maybe x3 again. £2,5000 (can add £500 more "if worth it") PC only. Will be using my BlackWidow Elite I got on Prime Day (£75) and G502 LIGHTSPEED mouse (purchase pending).

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
WTR to the monitors, what is your use case? There is a huge difference between gaming on 1 monitor while using 3 for productivity... compared to gaming on all 3 :)

Silenced

Bronze Level Poster
WTR to the monitors, what is your use case? There is a huge difference between gaming on 1 monitor while using 3 for productivity... compared to gaming on all 3 :)
3: Game on middle monitor only left/right monitors for Twitch Chat, Spotify etc.
2: Game on one - everything else on the other. I'll probably get 2 and then get a 3rd a few months later-in. Which might allow me to buy a better 3rd to then be the gaming one.

When i'm not gaming: Coding/Programming (my job) and light video editing (just a couple of videos a month like stream highlights).