New Build Suggestions

Hey Guys,

With the release of NVIDIA's new cards I am looking to buy a long lasting PC with a flexible budget of around £1800 with an emphasis on in game performance as I play competitively in Rocket League and would like to play other games such as Warzone and CSGO at high FPS, would also be used for streaming on twitch, currently have an 1080 144hz monitor however am looking to upgrade this alongside my PC (any suggestions would be appreciated). I am not in a complete rush to purchase and am looking to buy in the next couple months when stocks replenish and when the new AMD CPU's release. Am looking at getting the 3080 as I am looking the best price for performance however I am unsure so any advice on a build would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey Guys,

With the release of NVIDIA's new cards I am looking to buy a long lasting PC with a flexible budget of around £1800 with an emphasis on in game performance as I play competitively in Rocket League and would like to play other games such as Warzone and CSGO at high FPS, would also be used for streaming on twitch, currently have an 1080 144hz monitor however am looking to upgrade this alongside my PC (any suggestions would be appreciated). I am not in a complete rush to purchase and am looking to buy in the next couple months when stocks replenish and when the new AMD CPU's release. Am looking at getting the 3080 as I am looking the best price for performance however I am unsure so any advice on a build would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
What's are your current PC specs? You only recently bought one didn't you? Not sure replacing it yet is particularly warranted, but need to see the full specs to confirm.

What's are your current PC specs? You only recently bought one didn't you? Not sure replacing it yet is particularly warranted, but need to see the full specs to confirm.
Case CORSAIR SPEC-04 MID TOWER GAMING CASE - BLACK/RED
Processor (CPU) Intel® CoreTMi5 Quad Core Processor i5-7500 (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® PRIME Z270-P: ATX, LGA1151, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM) 8GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2133MHz (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card 3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP
1st Hard Disk 250GB Samsung 850 2.5" EVO SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply CORSAIR 350W VS SERIESTM VS-350 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling INTEL STANDARD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc DVD & Single Licence
Operating System Language United Kingdom - English Language
DVD Recovery Media Windows 10 (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve
Office Software FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365
Anti-Virus BullGuardTM Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Monitor Cables 1 x 2 METRE GOLD PLATED V1.4 HDMI CABLE
Warranty 3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 7 to 9 working days

Those were the specs of the last PC I bought however have been having trouble running my main game Rocket League smoothly for a while and can barely run other games such as warzone, so was considering selling this one after I purchase my new one.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Case CORSAIR SPEC-04 MID TOWER GAMING CASE - BLACK/RED
Processor (CPU) Intel® CoreTMi5 Quad Core Processor i5-7500 (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® PRIME Z270-P: ATX, LGA1151, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM) 8GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2133MHz (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card 3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP
1st Hard Disk 250GB Samsung 850 2.5" EVO SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply CORSAIR 350W VS SERIESTM VS-350 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling INTEL STANDARD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc DVD & Single Licence
Operating System Language United Kingdom - English Language
DVD Recovery Media Windows 10 (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve
Office Software FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365
Anti-Virus BullGuardTM Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Monitor Cables 1 x 2 METRE GOLD PLATED V1.4 HDMI CABLE
Warranty 3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 7 to 9 working days

Those were the specs of the last PC I bought however have been having trouble running my main game Rocket League smoothly for a while and can barely run other games such as warzone, so was considering selling this one after I purchase my new one.
And what monitor are you pairing the current system with, what resolution and refresh rate? 1080p 144hz?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
And the PSU, potentially?
Oh, yes, definitely.

Get an 850W Corsair RMx PSU

I'd get an RTX 3080 for around £800 (if you're able to find one)

Then an entry level 4k 144Hz screen to make use of the GPU:

Given the system will need new RAM, PSU and GPU (potentially leading to £1100+ in cost), make me wonder about just getting a new system....assuming transferring Windows, only another £800 on the upgrade cost would give a 3800XT based system. Just a thought.
Initially this was what I was going for as already have a family friend who I was going to sell this system to and buy a system that will last a while, so if all these upgrades are needed I would be leaning more on the side of purchasing a new system so any suggestions on a new system would be appreciated.

Last edited: