new case fans advice

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
hi there, i was wondering if i wanted to add 2 new case fans just to help with the temperature is this easy and would pcs be able to guide me through connecing fans up if i called them and placed an order with them the cae is the corsair 500r, and it seems to two nice big fan spaces at top, and also would these be to extract the hot air or to blow cool air down towards graphic cards, advice be great. thanks

Corfate

Author Level
I have the 500r, and i have 2 exhausts on the top :) I recommend Coolermaster Sickleflows, they're bright and have good airflow :)

Installation is very easy to do. Just screw into the case and connect the fan headers to the motherboard or the fan controller :) You'll need to check if your mobo has 2 headers on it though :)

I usually screw the screws into the fans before i screw into the case (create thread on the fan so it's easy to screw in)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
You should be able to connect chassis fans to your motherboard, the easiest way in my opinion would be to connect the fans directly to the PSU however that means the fans running at 100%. I have the spectre pro and the fans are virtually silent at 100%.

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
thanks for that, i was just wondering if best to have fans blowing air down on to the componants or have hem sucking the warm air out, as the case is well ventalated anyway

Corfate

Author Level
Ideally, you want fans intaking at the front and bottom, then exhausting out the top and rear, as hot air rises :)

Things like the GPU suck air from the lower part of your case, hence you want the cooler air there :)