New case recommendation

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Cheers - just used what came with the original build. - I’ll take a look at buying a new cable - any particular one I need?
It’s a rmx850 psu and 3070 gpu :)
Shouldn't need to buy one mate there should be spares with that PSU

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
1647336924642.png

Is it possible to feed the 24-pin cable from back so it's directly in line with the connector, rather than having it come up from below?

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Cheers - I’ll take a look - so basically - there’ll be x2 cables directly from the PSU to the GPU - yeah, I ‘think I have enough’
Yeah the 3070 can pull 200 Watts of power mate but each cable can only supply 150W. So you'll essentially be starving your GPU of power and you'll not get the performance you should

Two cables can supply up to 300Watts so you'll be well covered

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Cheers - I’ll take a look - so basically - there’ll be x2 cables directly from the PSU to the GPU - yeah, I ‘think I have enough’
Correct. They'll be labeled as to which end goes where. You can cable tie the unused splits back to the cable itself. Or buy a set of cables that only have a single connector on the end, which is what i did, looks neater. If you're bothered of course.

BT81

Enthusiast
Just looked through my box of tricks from PCS With my build - I have loads of cables to pick :)

So - by the looks of the gpu I need

1x 8pin into the PSU and 8 pin into the GPU
1x 8pin into the PSU and 6 pin into the GPU

This will stop the daisy chain effect - the downside is, it’s a lot of wires, as each cable splits out

So I think I’ll just buy a new cable :)

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just looked through my box of tricks from PCS With my build - I have loads of cables to pick :)

So - by the looks of the gpu I need

1x 8pin into the PSU and 8 pin into the GPU
1x 8pin into the PSU and 6 pin into the GPU

This will stop the daisy chain effect - the downside is, it’s a lot of wires, as each cable splits out

So I think I’ll just buy a new cable :)
This is what I bought previously. Results can be seen here (start of thread for before pic, end for after)

BT81

Enthusiast
This is what I bought previously. Results can be seen here (start of thread for before pic, end for after)
So I quickly swapped over from

1x 8 pin in the PSU daisy chained to an 8 pin and 6 pin into the GPU (The current set up)

to a

1x 8 pin in the PSU using only the 8 pin into the GPU
1x 8 pin in the PSU using only the 6 pin into the GPU

Was messy as both cables have additional daisy linked pins available -

Alas., Turned on 3d mark - lots of clicking from the PSU?

Not sure why, so swapped back. I have in the box of tricks
1x 8 pin to 8 pin
So I'll just pick up an 8 pin to 6+2 pin - I'll use the link you provided :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So I quickly swapped over from

1x 8 pin in the PSU daisy chained to an 8 pin and 6 pin into the GPU (The current set up)

to a

1x 8 pin in the PSU using only the 8 pin into the GPU
1x 8 pin in the PSU using only the 6 pin into the GPU

Was messy as both cables have additional daisy linked pins available -

Alas., Turned on 3d mark - lots of clicking from the PSU?

Not sure why, so swapped back. I have in the box of tricks
1x 8 pin to 8 pin
So I'll just pick up an 8 pin to 6+2 pin - I'll use the link you provided :)
Were you using both PCIe lanes off the PSU? PCIe GPU connectors will usually be 6+2 never 6 afaik. 6 is usually a CPU lane.

BT81

Enthusiast
Were you using both PCIe lanes off the PSU? PCIe GPU connectors will usually be 6+2 never 6 afaik. 6 is usually a CPU lane.
Yeah - I'll take some picks - The both cables into the PSU were 8 pin (side by side (Over to the right of the PSU)

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but:
1647379767809.png

Blue = Sata connections
Red = GPU
Green = 24 Pin Motherboard
Yellow = CPU

Although I think the red and yellow are the one and the same and interchangable, this is how I've seen connections made.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but:
View attachment 32762

Blue = Sata connections
Red = GPU
Green = 24 Pin Motherboard
Yellow = CPU

Although I think the red and yellow are the one and the same and interchangable, this is how I've seen connections made.
I think the yellow far right two are actually further PCIe/CPU as well as the red, they're interchangeable. I was getting confused with the SATA 6 key ones.