New Computer

Sanderson

Ordered myself a new gaming PC ~ a week ago, thought i'd post the spec here to see if anything could be changed to benefit it :)

Case
COOLERMASTER HAF 932 FULL TOWER GAMING CASE

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3770K (3.5GHz) 8MB Cache

Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z77-V PRO: PCI-E 3.0 READY,WIFI, SLI, CROSSFIREX

Memory (RAM)
16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (4 x 4GB KIT)

Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)

2nd Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£87)

Processor Cooling
TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39)

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs

USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)

Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

Monitor
IIYAMA E2473HDS 24" LED WIDESCREEN, 2 HDMI/DVI-D 1920x1080 (£159)

DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables
1 x 2 METRE DVI-D CABLE (£9)

Last edited:

Corfate

Author Level
Also, put the SSD as the 1st HDD, the black as the 2nd.

Like Madman says, go for an LED monitor, such as the IIyama ones.

Sanderson

Changed the Hard drives around, for some reason it worked out cheaper? added the LED IIyama 24" as well

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
sounds mint mate, but if i were you i'd drop to 8gig of ram, 16gb isnt really needed for gaming.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Depends on what you want to use it for,if for video editing or something CPU intensive it looks good,
If just for gaming & general usage you could drop the CPU to an i5,the memory to 8GB & save yourself a few quid.

Sanderson

sounds mint mate, but if i were you i'd drop to 8gig of ram, 16gb isnt really needed for gaming.

Was originally going to go with 8gb, but 16gb wasn't much more at all so just went with the 16gb ^^

Currently on 11th Working Day still on Pre-Production so should hopefully have my PC within 2 weeks, will upload pictures then <3

Depends on what you want to use it for,if for video editing or something CPU intensive it looks good,
If just for gaming & general usage you could drop the CPU to an i5,the memory to 8GB & save yourself a few quid.

Will be using it for some editing but nothing intensive, money isn't really too much of a problem. Just wanted a beast of a pc to last me a few years of playing / frapsing games at high settings >:D

Last edited:

Sanderson

Production Dates

Processed Date 18-04-2012

Pre-Production Date 23-04-2012

Build Date 08-05-2012

Currently still on building can only assume something was missing?

Rakk

The Awesome
Currently still on building can only assume something was missing?

I know that the 680 cards have been hard to get hold of and are causing delays, so I presume that's more than likely what is holding it up.

You could always give them a call to find out if it is, and if they are still waiting for it (and you want it quickly) maybe change to a 670 (cheaper) or the 4GB 680 (more expensive) instead

Sanderson

I know that the 680 cards have been hard to get hold of and are causing delays, so I presume that's more than likely what is holding it up.

You could always give them a call to find out if it is, and if they are still waiting for it (and you want it quickly) maybe change to a 670 (cheaper) or the 4GB 680 (more expensive) instead

They rang me up about a week ago before they built it asking if I wanted to upgrade to the 4GB 680 because the 2GB gpu's were out of stock, said yes but as he was going downstairs to put the order onto the internet apparently some 2GB units came in so they started the build. Guess i can just wait and hope I can get it soon to play some D3 >:D

Sanderson

It was tested and put onto Quality Control today, should hopefully have it early next week and will upload some pictures :)

jonnytruckfest

Enthusiast
Bet your jumping with excitement (I was :p Although I looked a little odd in the canteen at work when I shouted out YES when I had confirmation it was delivered xD) :) Looking forward to the pics!

Sanderson

Bet your jumping with excitement (I was :p Although I looked a little odd in the canteen at work when I shouted out YES when I had confirmation it was delivered xD) :) Looking forward to the pics!

I'm sat on the tracking atm spamming refresh, will be up early tomorrow to clean my desk etc and get it ready ;p. Will most probably do a little dance when it arrives :)

Ooooh, I'm excited for you - I hope everything has arrived safely and that it gives you a great big grin from ear to ear when you're happily playing with it! :)

Sanderson

It arrived today at around 4 pm, working perfectly now I have everything installed. Games run fantastically on it. Was one small issue with the fan on the top of the case clipping something as it rotated making an annoying tapping noise but having a wiggle with the fan seemed to do the trick. Pictures to come !

Sanderson

As promised some pictures :)

20ue6f4.jpg

nla6op.jpg

30szew0.jpg

2ecqewy.jpg