New cooler for Ryzen 7 3700x

KeiPer

I am after a new cooler for my 3700x and would like some advice on which one would be best?

Currently have the stock amd wraith prism and would like the option to overclock cpu in the future!

Thanks in advance

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
You wouldn’t need to overclock the 3700X, it has a built in frequency boost that’ll do the job nicely. But you would be more likely to be able to reach peak boost with a better cooler, the Wraith is only generally most suitable with the six core CPUs. I don’t even know why they bothered bundling it with the eight core models.

Could you please post your full spec from your order history over so we can see the whole system? Instructions on how to do so are linked below (make sure to not include your Windows license key when you paste it over 👍)

KeiPer

Hi thank you for your reply,

I altered my order and it isn’t showing up on here but I changed to the 3700x and the X570 motherboard

Case
COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX MB530P ARGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.2GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF GAMING B550-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting
50cm ARGB LED Strip
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Firefox™
Monitor
ASUS XG279Q 27" G-Sync ROG Strix
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Insurance
Simplesurance Purchase Protection inc. Accidental Damage & Theft

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Coolio, thanks for getting back to us with that. You could upgrade via PCS and keep your warranty, the Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT or Elite (if you want more shiny) would be suitable options.

If you’re out of your warranty period and/or don’t care about that kind of thing, the CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240 is a well known and trusted cooler at a slightly more budget friendly price.

If you have extra funds available it might also be worth considering a Gen 4 NVMe drive in the Black Friday sales. Just a 500GB size would be perfect for your OS drive and your 970 could become fast storage. Worthy move 🙂👍

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Coolio, thanks for getting back to us with that. You could upgrade via PCS and keep your warranty, the Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT or Elite (if you want more shiny) would be suitable options.

If you’re out of your warranty period and/or don’t care about that kind of thing, the CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240 is a well known and trusted cooler at a slightly more budget friendly price.

If you have extra funds available it might also be worth considering a Gen 4 NVMe drive in the Black Friday sales. Just a 500GB size would be perfect for your OS drive and your 970 could become fast storage. Worthy move 🙂👍
Love your thinking

KeiPer

Great thanks a lot for the advice it is much appreciated

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
If going for the Masterliquid 240 be very careful to get the 'lite' model. The normal 240 had a number of quality issues.