New Desktop No Power

Gods Of Grip

Just received my new desktop, unpacked it
, plugged it in, one of the lights inside came on, pressed the power button and nothing.
I’ve tried 2 different kettle leads and 3 plug sockets.
Same thing each time.
Am I missing something o_O
Attached an image of the inside and a video of the non power

Gods Of Grip

Thank you for the reply. I just checked all the components inside and it looks like everything is plugged in.

It looks like a can of worms in near the PSU so I won’t go prodding around there. But that could possibly be where the issue lies.

From what I can see by the power button it is plugged in too.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you switch the PSU off at the back of the case (if it doesn't have a power switch on the rear, then unplug it from the wall).

There are 2 main cables that connect onto the motherboard from the PSU, there's the mahoosive 28pin monster with loads of black cables going in, and there's a smaller possibly 6 pin connector that's usually top left of the board.

If you unplug both of those and plug them back in, they've got latches that need to connect properly, make sure they're fully attached.

Then try powering it back up again.

Gods Of Grip

If you switch the PSU off at the back of the case (if it doesn't have a power switch on the rear, then unplug it from the wall).

There are 2 main cables that connect onto the motherboard from the PSU, there's the mahoosive 28pin monster with loads of black cables going in, and there's a smaller possibly 6 pin connector that's usually top left of the board.

If you unplug both of those and plug them back in, they've got latches that need to connect properly, make sure they're fully attached.

Then try powering it back up again.

Solved! It looks like the smaller cable may not have been connected properly. It was a little fiddly to get back in but powered on after I re attached it.

Thank you very much for the help

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Solved! It looks like the smaller cable may not have been connected properly. It was a little fiddly to get back in but powered on after I re attached it.

Thank you very much for the help
Well done! That's what it sounded like, the motherboard was getting power as there was a light on, but the CPU wasn't. That smaller 6 pin connector is the CPU power, so obviously that was slightly out.

That's brilliant, really pleased it's sorted!