New Digital Camra

crawlerbasher

Silver Level Poster
Since there are tons of Digital Camera on the market.
I was wondering if some one can recommend me a good one.

I'm looking for a well known brand.
Want to have optical zoom
Something that has a good focus and able to take a good picture even if the camera shakes.

My Budget is £100.

PLLD

With that budget the cameras are pretty much of a muchness and it's not worth obsessing (I'm not saying you are!) about which one is best........as you say get any of the well known brands and you will be ok. Argos often clear out 'previous model' Canons for £99 - watch the newspaper ads or the flyer inserts they pop in the weekend papers etc.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
The main thing you want to look for is a decent lens, you can have all the megapicels in the world, but if you have a rubbish lens, you won't get good pictures, stick to good brands, samsung, sony, kodak etc, if it has a branded lens, Carl Zeisz optics etc, then it will mostl ikely be good, samsung values in my experience have been aboslutely fantastic value though.

Meds

Agreed, I bought a Samsung camera a year or so ago now. I think it was from the likes of Currys in a sale, something stupid like 50% so it only cost £80! One of the best buys I have ever made!

LDUK

Master Poster
Hmm, I'm not really sure you can gt a decent Digi cam for that price. I would always save a little more up and get one for around £150 at least. Mind you, I'm an expencive buyer lol. My last cam was £1,015.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
that might be just over his price range ;)

But any sony, samsung camera for between £100 and £150 will bring you good pics, alternatively, have a look at user reviews and see what people say about them.