New Firecuda 530 in the Configurator

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The only thing that seems significantly worse is the read speed on the 500GB model, 3000MB/s rather than the 980 Pro's 5000MB/s (smaller drives are always slower). This suggests to me (open to correction) that the 980 Pro may still be the top-tier boot drive, as that's the main concern there.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The only thing that seems significantly worse is the read speed on the 500GB model, 3000MB/s rather than the 980 Pro's 5000MB/s (smaller drives are always slower). This suggests to me (open to correction) that the 980 Pro may still be the top-tier boot drive, as that's the main concern there.
Yeah, absolutely.

dtang_ie

Bronze Level Poster
Ooo I have the 1TB Samsung Pro in my configuration at the moment and I can change it to the new Seagate 530 1TB for 2 EUR. Should I?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Has the beserker been despatched yet?
no it's in post production, and this would have to go in place of the 980, being NVME4 it isn't available for the second M.2 slot, if i did transfer to one instead of the 980, i'd miss out on Resident Evil Village :ROFLMAO:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
no it's in post production, and this would have to go in place of the 980, being NVME4 it isn't available for the second M.2 slot, if i did transfer to one instead of the 980, i'd miss out on Resident Evil Village :ROFLMAO:
It's a lovely drive, but I wouldn't miss out on Resi village personally, that's worth many hours of fun. The 980 pro is still a superb drive.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Is the Res Village offer still on? I went to get one the other day and it was finished :cautious:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
No it has finished now, but was on when I ordered "The Berserker" so fingers crossed

Fingers crossed for you. I think I read before that you get the offers at the time of build so you may not get it. Don't want you getting disappointed.

Having said that, if you clarify with PCS it could let you swap out for the Firecuda if they won't honour the deal.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Fingers crossed for you. I think I read before that you get the offers at the time of build so you may not get it. Don't want you getting disappointed.

Having said that, if you clarify with PCS it could let you swap out for the Firecuda if they won't honour the deal.
I'm of the opinion of if i get it i get it, if not i haven't lost anything, I wouldn't bother swapping it out as the smaller models (less than 1 TB only have write speed of 3000 compared to the 6900 of the 980 Pro

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm of the opinion of if i get it i get it, if not i haven't lost anything, I wouldn't bother swapping it out as the smaller models (less than 1 TB only have write speed of 3000 compared to the 6900 of the 980 Pro
Yeah, I think I got the speeds transposed, so the Firecuda isn't at such a boot disadvantage, but the 500GB is still less tempting than the 980 equivalent.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah, I think I got the speeds transposed, so the Firecuda isn't at such a boot disadvantage, but the 500GB is still less tempting than the 980 equivalent.
Yeah at 1TB and above the firecuda looks as though its the new kid on the block, however the 980 is still ruling the roost when it comes to a small boot drive