New Gaming Laptop 1000£-1300£

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Download and run CPU-Z http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html and check the SPD tab. It will tell you what's in each slot.
cpuzshot.png

Edit: meh.

Shine

Max Bandwidth: DDR4-2400 (1200MHz), Manufacturer: Kingston . Hyperx Impact is from Kingston?

In the Graphics tab I have : Intel HD Graphics 530 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060. What this HD 530 is?

For CPU,GPU temperature I'm thinking Open Hardware Monitor program. Is there anything better? or some other useful programs to monitor my components?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Max Bandwidth: DDR4-2400 (1200MHz), Manufacturer: Kingston . Hyperx Impact is from Kingston?
It is, you must have got some of the last batch :)

In the Graphics tab I have : Intel HD Graphics 530 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060. What this HD 530 is?
It's the CPU's graphics. When not using the Nvidia card, laptops can run off the CPU's graphics to save power. With Nvidia it's called Optimus, http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/optimus_technology.html with AMD I think it's just called Switchable Graphics. However, Optimus doesn't work with gsync as far as I know. That said, the dGPU shouldn't use too much power while on low load.

For CPU,GPU temperature I'm thinking Open Hardware Monitor program. Is there anything better? or some other useful programs to monitor my components?
I gather it does the job. It seems to be portable as well, which is nice. It doesn't display load per CPU thread, only for each overall core. That doesn't really matter for monitoring temps but it makes the stat basically useless for monitoring load on i7s.

There's also Hardware Info that has a lot of options, and can be setup to work with Rivatuner statistics server for a very detailed on-screen display (OSD) so you can watch the number as you game. If you like that kind of hardware navel-gazing. That does show per-thread load.

There's also Realtemp, which is nice and simple.

Shine

I want to buy another 8GB HyperX IMPACT 2400MHz SODIMM DDR4 (1 x 8GB) and I want to be 100% sure that I'm buying right stick so can anyone tell me...is this the sameone as mine.

I have:

cpu-z.jpg

And the one I'm thinking of buying:

ram.jpg

Technical details:

Brand- HyperX
Item Weight- 9 g
Product Dimensions- 6.8 x 3 x 0.3 cm
Item model number- HX424S14IB/8
Series- 8GB DDR4 2400MHz SODIMM Module
Colour- Black
Form Factor- 260-pin SO-DIMM
RAM Size- 8 GB
Memory Technology- PC-19200, 260-pin SO-DIMM, DDR4
Computer Memory Type- DDR4 SDRAM
Voltage- 1.2 volts
Operating System- Yes
Software Included- Yes

Last edited:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
It appears to be the right stuff. I'm not sure what guarantees anyone can give you since - and this is only half-remembered from something I once read and didn't fully understanding - the manufacturing process can change such that even the same brand turns out to not be compatible. We've had an instance or two of this on the forums I think.

That said, if you're satisfied you'll be able to return the goods to that vendor should there be an issue then that sounds fine.

Shine

What Clevo model is Defiance III? CPU-Z says it's P65_67RSRP but I can't find this model on Kingston website for example. Can't find ram part number as well...eh. I did run system check on uk.crucial to find me compatibile ram...but it doesn't find any.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
What Clevo model is Defiance III? CPU-Z says it's P65_67RSRP but I can't find this model on Kingston website for example. Can't find ram part number as well...eh. I did run system check on uk.crucial to find me compatibile ram...but it doesn't find any.

RAM part number is on CPU-z, just google that for the exact addition.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
RAM part number is on CPU-z, just google that for the exact addition.
Id di this yesterday and it doesn't turn up anything on sale. It seems the part number is used in a lot of laptops but the only part numbers on sale are like the Amazon reference.

the 15.6" defiance 3 is a P650RS-G and 17" is apparently P670RS-G

Shine

If I decide to buy this stick, and it will be detected by cpu-z in slot 2, that's mean all is ok and it's working as a dual channel? or how I can tell? There is nothing else I can do. Well I can let it go for now and buy 2x8 in the future... uk.crucial did find ram sticks compatible with P670RS-G but none of them is Kingston:)