New gaming laptop (Vyper 17)

Oirelav

Hello everyone!
First of all, I apologize in advance if my english is not perfect!

I was looking for a new desktop replacement laptop for gaming and work and I really like the Vyper 17 (with the 2070).
I'm upgrading from an old Clevo with haswell processor, so the jump in performances should be pretty big!
I have only a few doubts and I was hoping that some Vyper owner could help me.

Back in 2013, gaming laptops were big and heavy in order to keep temperatures cool (my cpu never cross 85c under 100% load), so now I am a bit afraid to switch to a notebook of only 20mm, also because the GPU is max p and, considering that the screen is 144hz, the CPU will be constantly under load during gaming sessions. Am I worrying about anything, given the advances in technology?

Also I would like to know how the build quality is? (I had never heard of tongfang chassis before). I read that, for some, the keyboard tends to flex and that the keys are a little too mobile… since I also use the keyboard a lot for work, this is a rather important factor for me.

Well, thanks in advance for any suggestion!

Charlas

Enthusiast
I've got one on order (2070 super, 32gb) if you get yours first then let us know what you think.

I'll let you know what mines like when it comes, but I was worried about keyboard, but most of the videos I've seen of this/previous (but essentially same chassis only with 9th gen) say the keyboards are pretty good with little flex. The only thing everyone mentions is the screen is a little flexy.

Last edited:

Oirelav

I've got one on order (2070 super, 32gb) if you get yours first then let us know what you think.

I'll let you know what mines like when it comes, but I was worried about keyboard, but most of the videos I've seen of this/previous (but essentially same chassis only with 9th gen) say the keyboards are pretty good with little flex. The only thing everyone mentions is the screen is a little flexy.

Thank you, I also looked at some reviews.... about the flexy screen, I think as long as the hinges stay solid it is fine... Sure, spending 2000 euros, I would expect that the build quality is at least above average...