New gaming pc

I just got a gaming pc for Christmas and I’ve went to turn it on and it turns on but no picture on the monitor wonder if anyone could help?
626BB3AA-AE54-4C6B-BF09-D08EFCDC2555.png

Last edited:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Have you got the monitor plugged into the motherboard instead of the graphics card, please post the full spec from your orders page

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Make sure the graphics card is properly seated in the motherboard and that all plugs in there are connected properly, stuff can come lose in transit

RogWal

Silver Level Poster
Is the monitor set to use the correct source? For example, if it is connected to your PC with a HDMI cable, is the monitor configured to use HDMI as the source?

RogWal

Silver Level Poster
Is the monitor set to use the correct source? For example, if it is connected to your PC with a HDMI cable, is the monitor configured to use HDMI as the source?
I support our Sales people at work. Is your monitor definitely powered on? Sounds silly, but this happens so many times at my office.

Edit:
Forgot to add: if you are unsure of how to check/change the source on your monitor, then the easiest way forward is to connect the monitor to your PC using each of the available ports on the monitor in turn. If it has, for example, two DisplayPort sockets, be sure to try each of them in turn.

Last edited:
I support our Sales people at work. Is your monitor definitely powered on? Sounds silly, but this happens so many times at my office.

Edit:
Forgot to add: if you are unsure of how to check/change the source on your monitor, then the easiest way forward is to connect the monitor to your PC using each of the available ports on the monitor in turn. If it has, for example, two DisplayPort sockets, be sure to try each of them in turn.
Yeah changed it to the display port one and took out the hdmi so it’s only connected to one monitor and turned the pc on and off, the pc comes on fine with everything lighting up but there’s nothing on the monitor, the graphics cards fans keep going on and off

RogWal

Silver Level Poster
One thing you can try - it's a workaround, not a fix, but at least it will mean that you may get to enjoy the PC on Christmas Day.

Power off the PC. Disconnect the monitor from the PC. Power on the PC (with no monitor connected). Wait for a few seconds, and then connect the monitor to the PC via HDMI cable and see if it then gets a signal from the PC.

One thing you can try - it's a workaround, not a fix, but at least it will mean that you may get to enjoy the PC on Christmas Day.

Power off the PC. Disconnect the monitor from the PC. Power on the PC (with no monitor connected). Wait for a few seconds, and then connect the monitor to the PC via HDMI cable and see if it then gets a signal from the PC.
You’re a legend mate thank you, started up the first time I tried!

RogWal

Silver Level Poster
Excellent news - Christmas Day saved!

However, you may find you have do to that trick each time you start up the PC. I'd recommend contacting PCS support after their Christmas break to get a permanent fix.

Excellent news - Christmas Day saved!

However, you may find you have do to that trick each time you start up the PC. I'd recommend contacting PCS support after their Christmas break to get a permanent fix.
Going to straight away as I have brought 2 ram sticks and wanting to put them in but the pc won’t turn on after I do so hopefully they can help with that.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
ah, we're back to a non-booting PC, after additional RAM has been added?
It perhaps was a tad unwise to install new RAM when you know you already have an issue with the PC?

What RAM have you added? You already had 16GB of 320MHz RAM in there, what more do you need?