New graphics card showing as Standard VGA Adapter

Hi, So I bought a gt 1030 palit and i received it today however my pc wont recognise it. It wont show up in dxdiag as well.. its just saying standard VGA graphics adapter . Please help me thank you.

My specs are these:
CPU: AMD APU A8 6600K with Radeon 8570D
GPU: (the gt 1030 that i received today)
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-F2A55M-HD2
HDD: 1tb
RAM: 8gb 1600mhz
PSU: 500w

I would really appreciate if you could help me.. Thanks

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
As Oussebon has said, this is because you don't have the graphics driver installed and Windows is using an internal basic VGA driver to operate the card.

Perhaps try sweeping all previous graphics drivers with DDU: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

And then installing the latest graphics drivers from the Nvidia website.

Make sure your monitor is plugged into your GPU and not the motherboard graphics output as I assume it will have been previously.

-----------------------------------

does that mean i should uninstall the amd radeon graphics driver first before i install the nvidia driver?
and also i have hdmi connected to the graphics card

*btw thanks for replying*

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
-----------------------------------

does that mean i should uninstall the amd radeon graphics driver first before i install the nvidia driver?
and also i have hdmi connected to the graphics card

*btw thanks for replying*

Yes. The drivers are specific to the graphics card. If the AMD card is no longer installed (assuming it's a separate card) then remove the driver for it. Then install the latest driver for the Nvidia card.

Rakk

The Awesome
Yes. The drivers are specific to the graphics card. If the AMD card is no longer installed (assuming it's a separate card) then remove the driver for it. Then install the latest driver for the Nvidia card.

Though the AMD drivers may be for the integrated Radeon 8570D, in which case should they still be removed?

hi, so the drivers are already installed.. *well atleast thats what the nvidia package launcher said* and the gt 1030 appeared on device manager however could you please tell me how would i be able to use the gt 1030 instead of the standard vga adapter..

i will put some screen shot for you to know what i mean.. im not really that great of an explainer, forgive me for that.
one image is from device manager and one is from dxdiag

thank you so much

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 627
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 257

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
you are correct good sir, my radeon 8570D is integrated in my APU

The integrated graphics are disabled when a dedicated card is installed and configured correctly.

You will need to uninstall any graphics drivers currently installed using DDU (display driver uninstaller) as they'll be conflicting, then download and install the current drivers for the dedicated card.

The integrated graphics are disabled when a dedicated card is installed and configured correctly.

You will need to uninstall any graphics drivers currently installed using DDU (display driver uninstaller) as they'll be conflicting, then download and install the current drivers for the dedicated card.

Hello good sir, thank you for replying because this reminded me that i need to change the igd GPU to PCI-E in bios. Now Im able to use my graphics card.

I REALLY CAN'T THANK EVERYONE ENOUGH FOR HELPING AND RECOMMENDING ME WHAT TO DO WITH MY SITUATION. NOW I AM ABLE TO USE THE GRAPHICS CARD I BOUGHT :D :clap: THANK YOU AGAIN, IT REALLY MEANS A LOT