New guy here.

riceas

Just ordered a new pc from here (to replace an aging laptop with nvidia 970m graphics wotsit), thought I'd say hello.... So.. Er.. Hello.

PC not built yet,(only been a couple of days) but can't wait to finally be able to play games at reasonable settings instead of low/medium!

Case
PCS 6003B BLACK CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.25GHz/19MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF X470-PLUS GAMING (DDR4, 6Gb/s, CrossFireX) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 - HDMI, DP - VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 32MB CACHE
Power Supply
CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY

Not a techy guy so dunno if that's good or not, but it's still a hell of a lot better than I have now!

polycrac

Rising Star
If it hasn't yet been built, you can still amend the order - I'd certainly think about a better case - it would give better airflow and temp control and have more room for upgrades. What overall budget is it and what screen are you gaming on?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Welcome to the forums :)

Agreed with the above, if it's not built yet there's time to tweak it and get a bit better value / performance.

In addition to what polycrac says, which I agree with entirely, I'd suggest 2933MHz RAM.
550W PSU (more scope for future GPU upgrades)

There could be savings on the motherboard to help counterbalance (e.g. switching to B450 mobo)

Depends on budget / price. And also would be useful to know what monitor you're gaming on.

riceas

Thanks for the welcome! I'm going to be hooking the pc upto a 4k TV, thanks for the suggestions, the parts I chose were due to keeping it as cheap as poss without skimping too much on cpu and gpu, tbh it's still a bit more than I was completely comfortable spending, although saying that due to suggestions made by you guys I have just upgraded the case to the next one up, also changed psu to 550w and ram to 2933mhz. Which is nice.

Last edited: