New guy!

Mental Mickey

How do. Waiting on delivery on my nice new PCS rig, thought I'd pop up and say hi. Been reading a few support threads, gotta say I'm impressed by the level of expertise going on in here. Aside from the obvious (update 'til my eyes bleed etc)... any recommendations for day-one setup stuff to do before taking it on a heavy gaming session? Thanks! :-D

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Hi, welcome to the forum! There's a couple of threads I'll link below that may be handy to read through prior to your new system arriving. If you need any assistance with your build, feel free to open a thread in the 'Check This Spec' area of the forum :) (y)

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
How do. Waiting on delivery on my nice new PCS rig, thought I'd pop up and say hi. Been reading a few support threads, gotta say I'm impressed by the level of expertise going on in here. Aside from the obvious (update 'til my eyes bleed etc)... any recommendations for day-one setup stuff to do before taking it on a heavy gaming session? Thanks! :-D
Welcome to the forum! We hope you have a good time! And as Agent Cooper said, if you'd like your spec checked, we'd highly recommend it!

Mental Mickey

Awesome, thanks folks :)

Spec is modest by 2021 gaming standards but I'm really just a casual gamer, prefer slow strategy type games over intense button-mashing 4K action and have deliberately skimped out on a couple of things to keep the initial cost down. Really just wanted something newer than my old circa 2008 HP office desktop since even upgraded as far as it can be (Q9550, 4GB RAM & nvidia 730 4GB), it's long past retirement age, the 4GB system RAM ceiling was more and more the limiting factor. PCS build: Ryzen 5 3600X, GTX 1660 6GB, 8GB RAM. I'll be downloading more RAM at a later date :D

1614602617540.png