New Killer spec PC but still issues playing Control.

HI,
Can anyone offer help with these two issues spoiling what is a great game:
I have a new system built around a 5800X, RX6900, 32GB ram, and two fast SSD's (although the game is installed on the slower of the two).

Problem 1 (driving me crazy) is the CAPS LOCK key, I can't turn off the screen notification pop-up, so if I accidentally brush it when using the ASDW controls the game jumps to desktop to display the pop-up, I have to then click on the game icon in the tray to return to a paused game. I have tried turning off toggle keys (it was already off) but makes no difference. Other solutions seem to be PC Brand specific playing about in the registry, something I have resisted so far.

Problem 2 is the game randomly freezing for a few seconds, I have the settings on high, no ray tracing turned, the texture changed from ultra to high and it still happens. Doesn't make a difference in directx 11 or 12. I would expect my system to fly with this game and not buffer areas - is this just a badly optimized game or are there problems with my system?

I haven't noticed this on DOOM Eternal but most of what I played since getting my system has been Control.

Thanks for any help!

melocolic

I have a 5900/6800XT and it's playable at 4k at ultra with no issues but frame rate is probably no more than 40. Control is a tough game on specs by all accounts.

melocolic

I have a 5900/6800XT and it's playable at 4k at ultra with no issues but frame rate is probably no more than 40. Control is a tough game on specs by all accounts.
Actually just tested it, not as bad as I thought, about 50FPS.....falling to 20FPS when ray tracing is switched on high. Roll on the next generation! :rolleyes:

Thanks UBUYSA, I'll try tonight.

Framerate is OK, not sure what exactly but no stutters, I was playing on Ultra (before switching textures to High). But I am wondering if it is just buffering as I run into new areas.

I may try re-installing onto the faster PCIe SSD, just checked and it's supposedly 10x faster than the SATA SSD.