New Laptop - Greeaaat! But what are the "Hot Keys" for?

TerryB

Received my new Enigma II the weekend and I'm really pleased with it, although it's going to take a while to load all my software onto it.

I'd been looking for ages for a laptop with a decent screen resolution. All the 15" ones seem to be limited to screen depth of 768 pixels - my old Tiny laptop (still working) can manage 1400 x 1050 - and it's 8 years old! What the heck is going on with laptop manufactureres these days? To get a decent resolution you have to buy a 17" - too big for my lap :)

One thing I'm not sure about are the 3 hot keys above the keyboard - they don't seem to do anything when I press them, they just glow brighter for a few seconds. Any advice on these? :confused:

Cheers

misterdave

Enthusiast
Hi TerryB,

Working left to right you have WOW Video, WOW Audio & Smart Key

WOW Video button cycles through preset display colour settings, much like the traditional monitor colour adjust button only this has fixed settings.

WOW Audio button cycles through preset equalizer setting for bass treble and mid range, balance and volume.

Smart Key launches assigned applications from the program DJ utility.

All the above functions are enabled once the relevant software is loaded from the driver CD. If you pop the NBLB2 grey CD into your DVDROM drive. cancel any auto run functions, now browse the disk and enter the AP folder now in here are all the bundled software applications. folders 01_Program DJ III and 07_WOW Audio & Video II are the one you want for now.

Enter the respective folder and double click setup.exe (there is a sub folder in each app folder to enter also)

after setup completes you should now have full functionality.

Hopefully this helps laptops aren't my forte but I do have to repair the odd one.

Let me know if you get stuck.