New laptop issues

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Uhm well before, I had the sound not working, then I did a windows reset hoping it would fix it. then I reinstalled the audio driver and uninstalled the THX spatial audio. I do not remember if the light bar was working before all that.

I have the latest version of the control center from the download page.
But how did you install windows the first time when you received the laptop?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
What do you advise me to do? Re-install windows from USB and install all drivers provided?
You'd have to clean install your own copy and set it up from scratch.

With drivers, you let windows update find all it can, then install any that aren't auto installed.

Then finally, you install THX Audio, the graphics driver direct from nvidia and lastly the management driver, control center

Akli

Bronze Level Poster

With drivers, you let windows update find all it can, then install any that aren't auto installed.

Then finally, you install THX Audio, the graphics driver direct from nvidia and lastly the management driver, control center
Ok that seems easy, How do I know if something is not auto installed?

Akli

Bronze Level Poster

ok did exactly what you said. Clean instal windows, All drivers are installed. The Light Bar still does not work.

Last edited:

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Hello there Akli, this may be something we have seen before, can you DM me your order number please, I'll check your chassis, if it is the affected model I will send over the fix for you.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Good question. I went to find out, the chap who obtains them opened it up for me, it's basically a bulk registry/software fix that applies non-existent or different values for certain parts of the registry which are not in line with what the control center needs. It only seems to affect a small number of orders thankfully, we're checking into the core reason.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Good question. I went to find out, the chap who obtains them opened it up for me, it's basically a bulk registry/software fix that applies non-existent or different values for certain parts of the registry which are not in line with what the control center needs. It only seems to affect a small number of orders thankfully, we're checking into the core reason.
excellent, thanks for the detailed reply, so it is a control center related issue.

Akli

Bronze Level Poster
I was wondering if the recoil supports more frame rates. It would be nice if I could set it to 60hz when it is on battery.

Chassis en display
Recoil-serie: 15,6" mat QHD 165 Hz sRGB 100 % led-breedbeeldscherm (2560x1440)
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen™ 9 8 Core 5900HX (3,3 GHz, 4,6 GHz Turbo)
Geheugen (RAM)
8 GB Corsair 2400 MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 4 GB) Has been upgraded to 32gb 3200 mhz crucial ram.
Grafische kaart

NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3070 - 8,0 GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1e M.2 SSD-station
2 TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (maximaal 3500 MB/R, 3300 MB/W)
Geheugenkaartlezer
Geïntegreerde SD-geheugenkaartlezer
Wisselstroomadapter
1x 230W-oplader
Stroomkabel
1 x stroomkabel van 1 meter voor Europa
Batterij
Recoil Series geïntegreerde 94WH lithiumionbatterij
Warmtegeleidende pasta
ARCTIC MX-4 VERBINDING MET EXTREME THERMISCHE GELEIDBAARHEID
Geluidskaart
2-kanaals High Definition Audio + MIC/headsetaansluiting
Draadloze netwerkkaart
GIGABIT LAN (BEDRAAD) & DRAADLOOS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (2,4 Gbps) + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt-opties
1 x USB 3.2-POORT (Type C) + 3 x USB 3.2-POORTEN
Taal toetsenbord
MECHANISCH RGB-TOETSENBORD MET ACHTERGRONDVERLICHTING PER TOETS VOOR DE VS
Besturingssysteem
GEEN BESTURINGSSYSTEEM VEREIST
Taal van besturingssysteem
Nederland/Nederland - Nederlands
Windows-herstelmedia
GEEN HERSTELMEDIA NODIG
Office-software
GRATIS 30 dagen Microsoft 365® op proef (besturingssysteem vereist)
Antivirus
GEEN ANTI-VIRUSSOFTWARE
Browser
Google Chrome™
Toetsenbord en muis
GEÏNTEGREERDE TOUCHPAD-MUIS MET 2 KNOPPEN
Webcam
GEÏNTEGREERDE HD-WEBCAM 1MP
1629576412592.png

Bhuna50

Author Level
Out of interest - what refresh rates show up if you selected a lower resolution - such as 1080p instead?

Akli

Bronze Level Poster
I believe that's a generic driver for the monitor?

Do you have any display drivers in your downloads section?

Can you post the hardware ID's of that monitor panel? select the 'Generic PnP Monitor', right click and select properties > details > hardware ids
1629585052303.png

There is AMD graphics that installs the software for the AMD Radeon graphics and maybe some display driver? Other than that I do not see anything related to the monitor. I have the display mode set to dedicated graphics so the image is coming from the GPU. However, there is no difference in the refresh rate options if I switch to the integrated graphics.

These are all the drivers I have.
1629585916844.png

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
View attachment 28759

There is AMD graphics that installs the software for the AMD Radeon graphics and maybe some display driver? Other than that I do not see anything related to the monitor. I have the display mode set to dedicated graphics so the image is coming from the GPU. However, there is no difference in the refresh rate options if I switch to the integrated graphics.

These are all the drivers I have. View attachment 28760
Yeah, those are GPU drivers, not the panel drivers, they're separate things.

I can't find a dedicated driver for that panel anywhere, the native refresh rate is the 40hz, with the other being "overclocked".

Unfortunately, I don't think it is possible to get other refresh rates on that panel at that resolution.

Have you tried 40Hz or is it for gaming that you're wanting it? for general windows use and media 40Hz would be absolutely fine.

As @Bhuna50 says, also try reducing resolution to see if you get more options on refresh rates, just to see if it's an option. That again will tell you if it's just limited at the full resolution.