Gomjaba

Bronze Level Poster
Finally up and running :

Case
THERMALTAKE CORE X71 TEMPERED GLASS EDITION GAMING CASE

Custom Liquid Cooling Kit
Liquid Series RGB High Kit - EK

Tubing
Clear Hardline Acrylic Tubing (Black Fittings)

Coolant Colour
Mayhems Pastel Mint Green (UV Reactive)

LED Lighting
50cm UV LED Strip
Overclocked CPU

Overclocked Intel® Core™ i9-10940X 14 Core (3.30GHz @ up to 4.6GHz)

Motherboard
ASUS® PRIME X299-A II: ATX, USB 3.2, SATA 6 GB/s, RGB Ready

Memory (RAM)
256GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (8 x 32GB)

Graphics Card
11GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, DP

1st Storage Drive
4TB Samsung 860 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Storage Drive
4TB Samsung 860 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
2TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive
2TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)

Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Braided Power Supply Cables
CORSAIR Premium Individually Sleeved PSU Cable Kit Pro - Black

Monitor
ACER Predator X34P - 34"

Top quality - very happy ...

20200519_204535.jpg

Gomjaba

Bronze Level Poster
I downloaded some benchmark - Novabench - no clue if its any good - but apparently the GPU sits at 40% of its potential ... no clue what that is about .. ah well ... more digging needed me thinks.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I downloaded some benchmark - Novabench - no clue if its any good - but apparently the GPU sits at 40% of its potential ... no clue what that is about .. ah well ... more digging needed me thinks.
For GPU bench, try fire strike, part of 3D mark. You can download a demo through stem and fire strike is a free dlc.

Gomjaba

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks - I actually just managed to resurrect my old Steam account and I do have 3D Mark as full version. So once all the downloads and whatnot are done I will run it - but at the end of the day - the proof is in the pudding .. Don't care about numbers .. will play games like Tomb Raider and stuff to see how to works out - if I end up with 6fps I know there's a problem :)

Gomjaba

Bronze Level Poster
You don't want to have it. It's broken again.

Reservoir seems to have turned into a smoke machine.

steaky360

Oh man :(... have you contacted PCS? If not I'd give them a call.

Is it cracked? It doesn't look like its leaking or anything.. weird... Maybe its too early and I can't properly figure out what I'm looking at.

Gomjaba

Bronze Level Poster
I believe it's the RGB LED of the reservoir that is on its way out. It is sizzling and the reservoir bracket gets really hot. You can see the orange part - that's the LED breaking. You can hear the noise of the sizzle as well. And no, not cooling a steak here :)

Obviously not PCS' fault, happens. Just annoying that since I ordered it April 3, I had for like 6hrs and just about managed to install all my apps.

Grumpywurzel

Bright Spark
Ah crap, sorry to heard that there is an issue mate. I do like the look of a water based system but I've seen loads that suffer with corrosion of the fittings and blocks. Besides the issues you have with the LEDs I guess you'll need to keep on top of your system maintenance

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I had a run at this but I'm getting weird results as my CPU is under-performing. I'm wondering if it's to do with the security updates from Intel to overcome Spectre etc. I'll need to look into it.

However,

Systems with a 9900k and a 2080 GPU are hitting around 12500. With that in mind I would expect over 14000 from your system.

If you run it again, could you click "Compare results online" and share the URL?

Grumpywurzel

Bright Spark
I had a run at this but I'm getting weird results as my CPU is under-performing. I'm wondering if it's to do with the security updates from Intel to overcome Spectre etc. I'll need to look into it.

However,

Systems with a 9900k and a 2080 GPU are hitting around 12500. With that in mind I would expect over 14000 from your system.

If you run it again, could you click "Compare results online" and share the URL?
Just ran it on my system... I know it's a case of comparing apples and oranges but I only got 7798 😭. Probably throttling I guess??? All but one cores over 90 degrees and GPU hit 68 degrees

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
You're on a 2070 too so don't feel too bad haha.

Here is my score. It's still not running great but the fact that my CPU score is higher than the ops on a liquid cooled system seems very strange. I'm not a million miles off the GPU when it's a full model down.