New machine finally on it's way!

chrbuc805

Hi all
New pc is finally dispatched and arriving tomorrow!

Thanks for the help and advice on my spec. Particularly @Nursemorph & @AgentCooper
Was concerned i should have switched to a 6800 but hopefully won't be disappointed with 3070.

Was surprised (and slightly concerned) how quickly it went after leaving pre-production to build then to dispatch in 24hrs!?
Hope QC is ok.

Last PCS system was bought in 2012 with one gfx upgrade in that time, so definite upgrade needed!
New Spec in the end was -

Case COOLERMASTER MASTERCASE H500 ARGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Six Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.6GHz/35MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® STRIX B550-F GAMING (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W) +1TB SSD to install
Power SupplyCORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor CoolingCorsair H100i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
LED Lighting2x 50cm ARGB LED Strip
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0

Luis_Shaw

How are you finding it I’ve not seen the best reviews about the zotac card, due to low power limits and it running louder to keep cooler than other cards and so on, but want to hear it from someone who uses it often, is it what you expected? Cos I’m most likely also going to get one in my system.

chrbuc805

How are you finding it I’ve not seen the best reviews about the zotac card, due to low power limits and it running louder to keep cooler than other cards and so on, but want to hear it from someone who uses it often, is it what you expected? Cos I’m most likely also going to get one in my system.
Not had an issue with it, temps don’t go above 70 while playing cyberpunk, hard to tell exactly where the noise is coming from I think the case fans make more noise. But I often play with headphones.

I’m playing 1440p so easily copes with what I’m playing

Not had an issue with it, temps don’t go above 70 while playing cyberpunk, hard to tell exactly where the noise is coming from I think the case fans make more noise. But I often play with headphones.

I’m playing 1440p so easily copes with what I’m playing
what fps you getting ?

chrbuc805

what fps you getting ?
Can't get an FPS counter through GOG, and steam overlay not working.
It's smooth though, i turned off RTX in favour of Ultra graphics, i preferred the better looks in textures etc vs the difference RTX to visually and impact on FPS.
although haven't tested RTX since the last patch or 2.

luckily i've been playing through the game with no bugs except for the odd graphical glitch

Can't get an FPS counter through GOG, and steam overlay not working.
It's smooth though, i turned off RTX in favour of Ultra graphics, i preferred the better looks in textures etc vs the difference RTX to visually and impact on FPS.
although haven't tested RTX since the last patch or 2.

luckily i've been playing through the game with no bugs except for the odd graphical glitch
Congrats on what sounds like a great rig :)