new machine needed thinking of

paudav

Chassis & Display Optimus II: 15.6" Glossy Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i5 Dual Core Mobile Processor i5-2540M (2.60GHz) 3MB Cache
Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card nVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M - 2GB DDR3 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 500GB SERIAL ATA II 2.5" HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (5,400rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)

have a budget to work to

BirKy

Silver Level Poster
If you help people out a little more with information such as what its gonna be used for and a budget, people can offer you more advice :)

paudav

budget is 800 tops, its for general bits work, a bit of surfing and game playing. The games i'm playing at the mo is witcher, I still dabble with the total war games, also the war hammer games. next game will be witcher2 when its price drops, will also be looking at the new diablo when its released and the price drops a biT.
Already have a 19" monitor I can plug into it, also have surround sound speakers and i can pick up a external 5.1 sound card from amazon [ trust] for about 30 quid.
Have a desk top at the mo quad core 2.4ghz nvidia 8800gts 325mb but it keeps getting write back errors also have trouble getting it to boot up, Its been to the local comp shop but they could find nothing wrong, slowly tried changing out all the periferals but thats done no good. Supect something on the mother boards is overheating as when i put a aux fan blowing into the case i seem to have a lot less bother with it

Last edited: