New MineCraft Server ( Sticky Please )

LFFPicard

Godlike
Appears down to me too.

I run my own server at home, was interested in setting up a public one (Mine is public but only friends have the server IP) but mods confuse the hell out of me I just run vanilla atm.

Am tempted to set one up if people are interested. can run it myself at home. 2gb dedicated Ram, 14m upload on infinity. Or if people want we could chip in and get a proper host.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Hi just testing this for now but could someone please join my server, want to make sure its all working ok

94.168.106.147:25565

won't be leaving it on for too long so please try quick, may leave it up more often if it works etc

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
is there not currently a active server then?

No sorry, I was originally running the server on a PC donated by SmokeDarKnight but the server became less active and rarely used so I kept it off and since then I have tried to boot up the PC but it no longer works :(

Din

Silver Level Poster
No sorry, I was originally running the server on a PC donated by SmokeDarKnight but the server became less active and rarely used so I kept it off and since then I have tried to boot up the PC but it no longer works :(

shame. Would have liked to play on a small server with a smallish community sort of thing

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Well speaking from experience its not difficult to set up a server yourself and you can invite a few people in. You can run it on the same computer you play on as long as you don't mind a slight lag in-game, but it's not too bad.

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
shame. Would have liked to play on a small server with a smallish community sort of thing

Servers are pretty easy to set up, you can even pay a small fee to a hosting company like beastnode and it comes set up, all you have to do is add plugins and set up permissions, saves etc.