New Mini PC now available!

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Today we have launched our new small form factor PC!

This PC is totally fanless, so without using the word "silent" - you can't hear it! The noisiest component is the hard drive.

Not only that but it's energy efficient, using below 50W of power and is very small, only 3 inches wide:

2_big.jpg

MickyG

Enthusiast
Cool, it's pretty much a laptop then :D

Though it does look pretty awesome, and would be interesting having a fanless PC, great energy efficiency too :D

G

Meds

I've got to say I've never been interested in mini-pc's as such being a gamer and all but when I took a look at this I was tempted! If I didn't have a PS3 to act as media centre, then would defo be buying one at some point.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Not at the moment, but there's not a lot to see inside, it's very small and a little cramped, given what's packed into the box! :)

luksil

Silent (or rather 'silent') is nice for the living room. Would this be up to sitting under a TV and streaming media (say, as a front end box in a MythTV setup)?

luksil

After a second look I see that this model doesn't have an HDMI output, so isn't going to be what I'm looking for. Will there be fanless cases introduced for the higher spec mini-PCs (the Atom + Nvidia ION 'performance mini' for example)?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
This case is available on the performance mini PC configurator with HDMI output - the images you can see are just for example only.

luksil

OK, it's just that I didn't see a case option in the configurator and the original announcement linked through to the basic spec mini-PC.

Does this mean that all the mini PC models now use the fanless case as standard?